I have really bad health anxiety, and I'm the kind of person who reads/hears about a physical/psychological condition, and then immediately worries about it. Right now I'm in the middle of a book about schizophrenia, and, naturally, I immediately started worrying that I'm going to develop schizophrenia. I'm female, and I'm younger than what is considered the average onset age for women with schizophrenia, so I'm worried that it's only a matter of time for me before I inevitably develop the condition. I have no (known) family history of schizophrenia, I don't smoke weed, my parents were young when they had me, etc. Anytime I've ever felt "paranoid," these feelings were always linked to an anxious thought (like, "the only way some bad thing I'm worried about could happen is if someone is lying to me/watching me/etc"), and I've always been aware that these feelings aren't realistic.

Nevertheless, I can't help but worry about the (probably very small) chance that I either already have schizophrenia, or will develop the condition in a few years. Has anyone else ever dealt with this kind of thing? Any advice?