Thread: Brain tumour worrying myself sick... please someone respond

Brain tumour worrying myself sick... please someone respond

Hi all

I have had a right sided headache for about 2 months now with a handful of days where it hasn’t been as bad but it’s ALWAYS there.... my right eye appears smaller than the left and my vision is off it’s a bit blurry with black floaters... I fee permanently hung over to be honest with you.... I went to the doctors who made me read a paragraph from a book and wiggles his fingers whilst I looked at his nose and he sent me away with naproxen, I have vomited twice with this headache but rationally I am thinking it’s probably the naproxen but niggling away is the right visual problem and right sided headache and now I’ve bomited aswell and feel nauseous I really am starting to worry, I should add I was diagnosed with mild astigmatism a couple of years ago and was given glasses, wondering maybe this has worsened but just can’t stop thinking it’s a brain tumour it’s making me snappy with my family and really scaring me.

I’ve started a new job a month ago and my daughter is due to give birth in 5 weeks, she’s only 21 so I guess I am under quite a bit of stress.

Sorry for rambling but I honestly feel like I am losing the plot :(

Re: Brain tumour worrying myself sick... please someone respond

I’m not a doctor, but my friend’s husband was recently diagnosed with a brain tumor. His symptoms were sudden and SEVERE and the doctors knew immediately upon his arrival to the emergency room that that is probably what was going on with him. I think your doctor probably knows what he’s doing (but I’m laughing as I type this because I always question mine). Congratulations on becoming a grandmother!

Mrs Anxious

I have had crippling brain tumour anxiety for six YEARS now. As such, I've researched the condition inside and out, so I feel I can confidently say to you that you do NOT have brain tumour symtpoms.

If you had a right-sided headache that was caused by a tumour, and it was in your occipital lobe (the part of the brain the processes vision) your vision would be bad in your LEFT eye.

So a right-sided headache/tumour would not cause right-sided eye problems.

I know how difficult it is, but relax. Rest assured you don't have a tumour. Besides, the most common type of brain tumour, a GBM, would have produced MANY symptoms within 2 months. It's very rapidly growing.

My husband has Stage 4 Lung Cancer that has spread to his brain. He has ten tumors in his brain, one that has grown to about and inch and a half in diameter.

I don't know how all brain tumors grow, I suspect some grow slow and some fast. With my husband, we could see the effect the tumor was having on his body every day. He had major neurological symptoms like complete numbness that spread all the way down through the right side of his body. He lost the ability to walk straight. He lost the ability to control his right hand well; he'd struggle just to put food in his mouth. The docs did radio surgery on this biggest tumor and my hubby has improved a lot.

I am also afraid of brain tumors; however, I think you'd be seeing some serious indicators by now.

Take care of yourself. Stress does amazing things to our bodies.

My mom has a brain tumor, non cancerous, her symptoms were bad migraines to the point where she was throwing up and extreme weakness, hers is/ was very slow growing, yours does not sound like one.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveyHowell View Post
    I’m not a doctor, but my friend’s husband was recently diagnosed with a brain tumor. His symptoms were sudden and SEVERE and the doctors knew immediately upon his arrival to the emergency room that that is probably what was going on with him. I think your doctor probably knows what he’s doing (but I’m laughing as I type this because I always question mine). Congratulations on becoming a grandmother!
    Thank you so much for replying lovey I’m just so worried because of the nausea aswell and it’s gone on so long now I am so sorry to hear about your friends husband I hope he makes a good recovery x

---------- Post added at 08:52 ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cptdebbie View Post
    My husband has Stage 4 Lung Cancer that has spread to his brain. He has ten tumors in his brain, one that has grown to about and inch and a half in diameter.

I don't know how all brain tumors grow, I suspect some grow slow and some fast. With my husband, we could see the effect the tumor was having on his body every day. He had major neurological symptoms like complete numbness that spread all the way down through the right side of his body. He lost the ability to walk straight. He lost the ability to control his right hand well; he'd struggle just to put food in his mouth. The docs did radio surgery on this biggest tumor and my hubby has improved a lot.

I am also afraid of brain tumors; however, I think you'd be seeing some serious indicators by now.
    Take care of yourself. Stress does amazing things to our bodies.
    Debbie thanks for your reply I really appreciate it, my little grandson has issues aswell so when he’s born we aren’t sure what to expect so you are right it probably is stress I am having an eye test today to see if that’s the problem I think the nausea and vomiting is my alarm bell for this worry.

I am so sorry to hear your husband is so poorly I send lots of prayers and love to you and your family x

---------- Post added at 08:54 ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RadioGaGa View Post
    Mrs Anxious

I have had crippling brain tumour anxiety for six YEARS now. As such, I've researched the condition inside and out, so I feel I can confidently say to you that you do NOT have brain tumour symtpoms.

If you had a right-sided headache that was caused by a tumour, and it was in your occipital lobe (the part of the brain the processes vision) your vision would be bad in your LEFT eye.

So a right-sided headache/tumour would not cause right-sided eye problems.

I know how difficult it is, but relax. Rest assured you don't have a tumour. Besides, the most common type of brain tumour, a GBM, would have produced MANY symptoms within 2 months. It's very rapidly growing.
    Gaga thank you, it’s horrible isn’t it this compelling need to check the symptoms and research, i do feel for you because this has become all consuming now and I feel like I’m going mad :( your reply has reassured me a little x

---------- Post added at 08:57 ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pkstracy View Post
    My mom has a brain tumor, non cancerous, her symptoms were bad migraines to the point where she was throwing up and extreme weakness, hers is/ was very slow growing, yours does not sound like one.
    Hiya the doctor has told me it’s a recurring migraine but I’m very scared as I have been sick and feel sick all the time and I am so so tired :( having an eye test today thank you so much for reply I hope your Mum is better soon xx

You don’t have the symptoms of a brain tumour. Headache is not an initial symptom of having a brain tumour. You have a headache that is made worse by worrying about the cause of the headache. When you truly stop thinking about the headache it will go away. Deep breathing exercises work well for that. I needed a therapist to show me how to do them properly. Maybe you will too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Anxious View Post
    Thank you so much for replying lovey I’m just so worried because of the nausea aswell and it’s gone on so long now I am so sorry to hear about your friends husband I hope he makes a good recovery x

---------- Post added at 08:52 ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 ----------

Debbie thanks for your reply I really appreciate it, my little grandson has issues aswell so when he’s born we aren’t sure what to expect so you are right it probably is stress I am having an eye test today to see if that’s the problem I think the nausea and vomiting is my alarm bell for this worry.

I am so sorry to hear your husband is so poorly I send lots of prayers and love to you and your family x

---------- Post added at 08:54 ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 ----------

Gaga thank you, it’s horrible isn’t it this compelling need to check the symptoms and research, i do feel for you because this has become all consuming now and I feel like I’m going mad :( your reply has reassured me a little x

---------- Post added at 08:57 ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 ----------

Hiya the doctor has told me it’s a recurring migraine but I’m very scared as I have been sick and feel sick all the time and I am so so tired :( having an eye test today thank you so much for reply I hope your Mum is better soon xx
    I thank you for your kind words, I too, wish my mom would get better but she has alzhimers

Thread Information