Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: prozac-5 weeks in.....

prozac-5 weeks in.....

and still i feel the same as when i wasnt on em-is it worth carrying on as i cant see a sudden change happening now....my anxiety is just the same,my mixed up thoughts are just the same and i may as well be taking placebo.
    cipralex i knew i was on it from day 1-horrible stuff and seroxat also gave me bad shakes ...im kinda thinking if im not having bad side effects should i stick with it but on the other hand bad side effects mean your body is getting used to the drug so i think im wasting my time on it-i am prescribed it for social anxiety and im thinking a anti-psycotic might be better.....thoughts anyone?

pedro

Re: prozac-5 weeks in.....

I have heard that prozac takes much longer to kick in than other a/ds or maybe you are on too low a dose. Back to the doc I should think

Joy

I've neve been on Prozac but a lot of antidepressants take several weeks to kick in. As Joy said, maybe a trip to the doctor is in order. You might need a higher dose or something else.

Stick with them for a while longer honey, the one good thing is your not getting any bad side effects whilst taking them

Now stop being impatient mister lol

Catch up with you soon

Love

Trac xx
    People change, Things go wrong,
    I just remembered...Life Goes On

Im concidering taking the prozac, have a packet sitting here.
    Ive been too afraid to, but I have a friend who is on month 3 and shes feeling alot better on them. What does are you on ? 20mg is recommended for anxiety, and are you a Big person ? maybe you need a stronger dose?

Prozac helped with my depression but never touched my panic or anxiety.

It takes a long time to get the effects though. I was on it nearly a year I think.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Took 3 months to feel any benefit, you also have to use them. As in do things that prevokes your anxiety.

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Prozac helped with my depression but never touched my panic or anxiety.

It takes a long time to get the effects though. I was on it nearly a year I think.
    nicola,
    i think a year is probably long enough to know they aint gonna work!!
    i stopped taking them after 11weeks of not feeling any help,as a sufferer of social anxiety i can tell if a drug is helping,i.e eye contact with people may be easier,walking into newsagent and not shaking at till etc etc..prozac also didnt touch my anxiety and i think 11 weeks on 40mg is plenty of time to know ...good luck to others who it has helped but not me..seeing shrink next week,gonna try for nardil an older type anti/d makes you quite hyper in a matter of 48hours,me thinks gps and the like dont want you to get the best drug and just feed out the same ole same ole....i notice since the panorama programme on seroxat that gps are pretty reluctant to give that out now.

anyways heres to tues 8th and my 20min chat with a shrink who has never met me and reads my notes 5mins before i enter the room and just writes out another script....do these morons actually get paid?????

Hi
    I've been on it around 4 months now and it is helping. I don't feel 100 per cent but it has certainly kept the panics and anxiety at bay. I would go back to docs and push for a change in meds, maybe it is not the one for you but some people say it has taken three months or so to feel positive benefits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information