Thread: left sided symptoms please help...

left sided symptoms please help...

I am after some advice. I am currently experiencing left sided symptoms, ranging from left eye twitching, left ear numbness, and numbness across left side of my face and may also be in my left arm left calf, or whole of my left leg. I have a lot of experience with anxiety and this is not the same as the pins and needles you get with hyperventilation, and like I said it is restricted to my left side. Can anyone else reassure me that this is not uncommon. I just can't understand it. I have seen a neurologist, but aware of my anxiety condition he felt it was related to this. The symptoms can come and go regardless of, and unrelated to, how anxious I am. Sometimes I feel very calm and otherwise good apart from these awful sensations.

Vegemiter,

I am experiencing almost exactly the same symptoms as you and have also visited a neurologist, 15 Doctors visits & 3 trips to A&E (ER).

It is horrible and frightening but my GP says that he can find no clinical signs of any illness. I am left with no choice to accept that this is anxiety related.

I spoke to him today about getting an MRI done, but he said the exposure to radiation could not be justified as he felt there were no clinical grounds for a scan.

My big fear was/is MS but every doctor I have spoken to says there are no clinical signs and the way I "present" is not typical of MS

My sleep has been really disrupted for the past 2 months and I have fed myself a constant diet of fearful thoughts. I believe it would be a miracle for me to put myself through all that and not have some physical problems with my nerves.

I wish you the very best and my heart goes out to you.

Here's hoping you can fid the answers and the peace of mind you need.

Paul.

Hi

I've had all the symptoms that you mention and they were limited to my left side too. You're the first people I'd heard of that had it almost the same as me. Mine too comes and goes whether I'm anxious or not.

I've been told that the right side of our brain is our emotional side and that if we are having problems, even if we don't realise at the time, this may be why our left side is affected. The opposite sides of the brain affect the opposite sides of our bodies.

Hang in there, you will be fine. The thing is once you get used to the left sided stuff, you often progress onto other symptoms, though I do still get mine. Even if sometimes they are months and months apart

Jules

Jules

Hi all,

Another lefty here. Not trying to make light of this btw just glad it isn't just me

I've found homeopathy very helpful for this. I had to take lachesis as this is snake venom and like cures like. so what would cause numbness heals you iykwim?
    Everyone needs different treatments though as we're all different.

HTH

take good care

Blonde Andi x

Oh and by the way, both my eyes twitch. I've read magnesium can help so have been taking this. I'll report back if it helps.

Blonde Andi xx

Re: left sided symptoms please help...

I suffer from the left side issue as well. Feel like I'm dragging my left leg around often and I'm constantly checking it vs. my right leg for comparitive strength.

I've had the MS scare, but had a CT and MRI within a year of today and they were both 110% normal.

What has worked for you to get over this hump? Have you tried yoga or something similar?

Anything that worked for you would be a great help.

Thanks,

Steve

Thread Information