Thread: Skipped beats just got worse....

Skipped beats just got worse....

So about two days ago I went to my Gp for an athletic physical. He listened to my heart and told me everything sounded fine, even though my bpm was at 130. I was so freaked out. You know how it is, just thought he would find something wrong. I told him I was experiencing skipped beats occasionally, but he said it was nothing to worry about. I am just one of those people who notice them more. So i was feeling pretty good yesterday, when lo' and behold today I've had about 40 skipped beats. I've never had this many before and I didn't even feel anxious until they started. Is this phycological, hormones, or what? Is it possible for a murmer to be unheard with a fast heartbeat? I don't know...I'm just confused and worried.

Re: Skipped beats just got worse....

Could be hormones, or anxiety or just a day when you noticed them more. I wouldn't worry about heart murmurs, I'm 51 and only found out I had one a few months ago, when I had a genaral anaesthetic and the anaesthetist found it beforehand. I was born with it, I've played sport, climbed mountains and done all sorts and it's never bothered me. I was so surprised when he told me. Worried for a bit, then carried on as normal.
    Skipped beats are completly normal and nothing to worry about, they just feel scary when you notice them.

Two things...I know that caffeine causes skipped beats. If you drink it then cut back. Also, try taking a magnesium suppliment for a few days to a week and see if that helps your skipped beats overall. You won't have to continue taking the magnesium, just enough to normalize things (a week maybe) then don't take them again unless your heartbeats are funny again.

Hi Lacrymosa, 130 bpm isnt that high really, if was over 200 I would be concerned. Your a fit young person apart from Anxiety I take it?
    Going to the Dr isnt a walk in the park especially if you have convinced yourself that these skipped beats are going to kill you! These skipped beats sound like palpattions! common in anxious beings!
    You will be ok do things that will relax you

Celo

Thread Information