Thread: Anxiety over my health (ruining my life)

Cool Anxiety over my health (ruining my life)

So, I am a 16 year old male and I have health anxiety. So my doctor wanted me to get tested to the Cardiologist, Optomologist, Orthodpedic surgeon because they suspected I may have Marfan syndrome.

I am quite skinny and tall, however; I went to all the doctors and they all said I’m fine. I went to the cardiologist 1 year ago and she said everything was fine. My eye doctor said I have 20/20 vision and my orhodpedic surgeon said I have mild scoliosis that won’t cause problems.

I feel some chest pain from time to time and I’m absolutely terrified if I have a heart problem related to Marfan. It’s near my left rib where it meets the sternum. I constantly google and some tell I’m fine and some say I’m going to die :(

(I’ve had these chest pains for 2 months with no other symptoms and it does NOT get worse)

I also think I get palpitations from the excessive worry and panic and my problems is that I’m scared if my heart got worse from a year ago :(

(I’m on vacation so I can’t go to any doctors)
    Last edited by MattBananafone34; 05-07-18 at 23:51.

Re: Anxiety over my health (ruining my life)

I don't know anything about Marfan, but anytime I hear about pain at the left rib/sternum joint I immediately think of costochondritis. It's a popular nemesis of us health anxiety people as we immediately think it's a heart problem! It sure gave me a ton of anxiety from about 18-24 until I finally got it diagnosed.

Does it hurt if you touch your sternum and push (even just pushing a little bit)? That's a sign of costochondritis.

By all means, do go ahead and ask your doctor about your pain, but I don't think you need to be alarmed.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Smile Re: Anxiety over my health (ruining my life)

Thank you so much! It does hurt when I touch it even to the slightest. I never feel dizzy! I only feel sad when I feel the pain in a time where I’m supposed to have fun because I feel like it’s a heart problem. I appreciate it! I feel great other than that. I went to the doctors for a physical examination and told me I’m healthy. And btw it hurts sometimes when I push yes

Thread Information