For the past 10 years I've had this ridiculous fear of fainting. It's made me become agoraphobic and every time I get a "symptom" such as dizziness, blurred vision, ears ringing, shaking ... anything really I convince myself I'm about to pass out.

Just now I was just minding my own business and I got spinning dizziness followed by blurred vision. Completely freaked out, ran indoors and started hysterically crying...and surprise surprise, as usual I never fainted...

Over the years I've done everything I can to help prevent myself from fainting. I drink a lot of water, I take my blood pressure at home, I check my pulse, I stay out of the sun, I don't lock my knees, I take iron supplements. I've done a hell of a lot of googling and it's made me ILL!!!!!

The dizziness might be a symptom of the anti depressants to be fair but my horrible brain puts it down to fainting every time.

I can't understand why I'm scared of fainting, I really don't know why. You feel unwell, you fall asleep, you get up after...that's it! I think it's just that it's so unpleasant, but so are many other things...so why do I fixate on this??

Hoping to overcome this somehow...eventually...