Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chest pains

Chest pains

Hi,

Haven't been on here for a while, but I am yet again going through a bad patch!! I have for a week now got bad pains across my chest and upper back. Been to docs three time in two weeks, and he is getting a bit fed up with me (my normal wonderful doc in on her hols) He has listened to me heart every time and says there is nothing wrong and tells me it is just stress and anxiety. I know I am really tense and can't unwind, when I lift my shoulder up (even though they are nearly always up due to tension) and lean forward all my muscles really hurt! But now I am paranoid it is a blood clot or something else!! I am off on holiday in two days and I am so worried now that I am going to spoil it for my husband and 4 children. I am so worried I am going to be so anxious about my health that I will ruin it for everyone!! I am going to try Authegenic therapy when I get back.

Does anyone else have these pains, is it a blood clot? I daren't go back to docs or he will have the white coats take me away I am sure!!! I am so anxious about this that I feel sick, dizzy and all the usual, this is making me so sad!!!!

Sarah

Re: Chest pains

Don't worry! the doc has said its stress and anxiety. I get chest pains and like you went to the doc a few times before I was convinced it was anxiety. Try and relax and I find breathing exercises help relieve the tension. I'm sure you will relax once you are away. Have a good holiday

Thanks Mich81, but the pain is quite bad and I can't believe anxiety and tension causes all that!! Even as I write that I realise how silly that sounds as I have probably tensed all my chest/back muscles up over the last week because of anxiety of it being a heart attack. I just can't seem to convince myself not to worry as I am sure it is a blood clot or heart attack!! I think I am going mad!!!!

I meant to add that I also get a burning sensation in my upper back as well as pains in my chest and back, I am so worried it is something serious!!!

Hi again sorry to bother you all but I am really frightenend again! I have woken up again with really bad anxiety and my chest and back really hurt!!! I have dragged myself out of bed ( a case of having to as my 1year old was hungry). I am going on holiday tomorrow and I am so scared that I am going to end up in hospital with the pain. It really hurts when I lift my chest up or shoulder up and it turns into a burning pain! I know the doctor says it is stress and tension, but I keep thinking it is something more serious like a blood clot or tumour. I have had the pain for a week which sometimes gets less but is worse each day. Does a blood clot take that long to get worse?? I am sorry but I am so scared. Has anyone else had the pain for more than a week?? Sorry to bother you.

Sarah

I get pains on and off and burning in my back. Given how long this has been going on for I wouldn't be here if they were not from anxiety. That is one of the things that helps me get through the bad days.

When I really cannot take it, or when I find myself deep in a panic attack at obscure hours I call NHS Direct, and they have always managed to calm me down.

Yep chest pains, arm pains and back pains I've had them for 3 months. I've been in tears at the docs and felt like I was about to collapse at the docs. I've had ECGs and blood tests, Doc said anxiety I'd still be mostly worried if it wasn't for here.

I am currently worried about my breathing though.

Sazziesaz I hope your holiday goes well. Just tell yourself it's anxiety and you're not alone. I know it's hard...

I rang NHS direct, but they made me panic even more!! At first they said that all my symptons point to a heart attack! At that point I thought I was going to faint, they then put me through to a nurse who wasn't that sympathetic and eventually after loads of questions said that they think I should tell my doctor I am still in pain, but not to worry too much. Well when I put the phone down I was in total panic mode and the pain was worse so got an appointment and went to the docs AGAIN!!! I only went three days ago, but I am off on hols tomorrow, but am convinced that I am having heart problem. Well the doc didn't seem too suprised to see me. I told him that the pain is like a band across my chest and a burning pain in my back, shoulders and throat, but he yet again told me that I have no problems with my heart, I am a healthy colour, he said I have checked your heart three times in a week and a half and he said he has seen so many people with heart attacks and I am looking a picture of health. He said it is all anxiety and tension!! He has given me a VERY low dosage of diazepan to help me relax as I don't want any thing else and am going to have therapy after my hols.

WHY CAN'T I BELIEVE HIM!!! The pain is still bad across my chest and back and I am so worried about going on hols tomorrow incase I have a heart attack abroad. I am sooooooooooo scared!!!!! Has anyone else had the pain for over a week. I am so scared I am going to drop dead leaving my four children without a mum!! This is driving me mad, how can tension cause so much pain!!!!

I used to get chest pains all the time. Have you read the website pages about how the heart being a muscle can cause this due to tension etc.

Could it be acid indigestion - that gives you pains in the chest as well.

Also have a read of the symptoms page on the website.

Have a lovely holiday and don't worry it is all quite normal with anxiety I am afraid.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks, It is just so frightening with pains in the chest, especially when they don't seem to get any better!! I have just read the pages you recommended and it really makes sense, the problem is as most people probably agree, when we get pain or other symptoms all our sensible rationalisation goes out the window and I know I need to rationalise my fears but at the moment they are running around teasing me!!! All packed now, I really want to enjoy it and not ruin it for the family!!!! I also wonder if some of the anxiety is because I am going on holiday and going out of my comfort zone!!!!

Sarah
    Last edited by Sazziesaz; 02-08-07 at 19:18.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information