Thread: Help!! Withdrawal

Help!! Withdrawal

Ive been on one tablet a week for a couple of months and my last one is due in a couple of days. I dont know wether to go back to my GP and get more or leave it as it is now. I have been feeling dizzy and breathless but trying to keep myself on the level as best I can
    funny enough it was excatly a year yesterday that I had my worst panic attack.

My main concern is that I will go back to feeling how I did before the meds and if so whats the point in taking them in the first place but people have said that the meds restore the seretonin in your brain and its stays there after you have stopped taking the meds. Is this true??

xxxxx

Re: Help!! Withdrawal

Hi Chelle

How long have you been taking the meds for altogeather?

It may be wise to discuss your sittuation with your GP hun or have you already done so? As you may not be ready to come off them yet. Its not all bad if you have to keep taking them for a little while longer, its better than having a 6 month break then starting again and having all the dreadful side effects of starting again. i have read many posts in the past where members have stopped meds and then had to start taking them again (me included) because the symptoms of anxiety returned.

I would have a word with your GP.

hope that helped

Andrea
    xxxxxx

Re: Help!! Withdrawal

Hi Chellec, I would say if you don't feel ready in yourself to come off the meds completely then perhaps talk to your GP and try and work something out. If this is a bad time of year for you it might be worth carrying on for a little bit longer or even just staying on a low dose till you feel totally okay in yourself.

As for how you will feel when you are off the meds, I guess it's different for everyone and depends on the reasons for going on them. A lot of the time meds are like a coping tool for when you are going through a hard time with anxiety and/or depression and when the problems causing the symptoms are dealt with then hopefully the meds are no longer needed.

Some problems like depression etc can also be caused by a chemical imbalance and meds will redress the imbalance until your own natural brain chemisty gets back to normal. I think Andrea is right in suggesting you do talk it over properly with your GP though. Good luck with it

Thread Information