Thread: Worried about Child!

Worried about Child!

Hi, not posted in a while, I’ve been doing good with my own health anxiety for a while but now I’ve started worrying that something bad is going to happen to my son. He says the back of his head sometimes gets sore when he turns his head. He said it months ago then twice in the last week. Says it only lasts a second and is a dull pain. He is 7 and has been through a lot, 2 years ago he had a limp and we where told it was cancer but thankfully it turned out it was cause by trauma to the bone. And things at home have been really unstable in the past year.

I’m scared that if I take him to the doctors they’ll send us for an mri or brain scan, he spent the last year and a half getting mris and X-rays, we cant go back to that! He’s had to operations in the one year.

I keep freaking out that he will become seriously ill and I don’t know how we would deal with it!

Does anyone have any experience of headaches in kids like this?

Re: Worried about Child!

I'm so sorry you're going through this. It sounds like you've both had a really tough time in the past few years! That cancer scare is enough to throw anyone into anxiety. If you have suffered from health anxiety and he had a serious health care, it wouldn't surprise me if he's got a bit of anxiety as well and is more aware of his symptoms. I don't have any experience with headaches in kids, but this doesn't sound serious to me. Probably a sore muscle from sleeping funny, especially since it's happened so far apart.

I don't think it's irrational to give the doctor a call and ask if it's something he should be seen for. Almost every headache is harmless so I don't see a very big chance that they'd send him for all those tests. Most likely they'd have a simple explanation and give you some advice on what to watch for or do to help reduce the pain.

Hi there, thank you for replying, it’s really helped me! Sorry I’ve not noticed it until now, been really busy and trying not to go online as much. He’s complained once since I last posted and now he says he constantly feels sick but that has not stopped him eating. He seems fine and is eating good and running about. I am wondering if he has a bit of anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseC1896 View Post
    Hi, not posted in a while, I’ve been doing good with my own health anxiety for a while but now I’ve started worrying that something bad is going to happen to my son. He says the back of his head sometimes gets sore when he turns his head. He said it months ago then twice in the last week. Says it only lasts a second and is a dull pain. He is 7 and has been through a lot, 2 years ago he had a limp and we where told it was cancer but thankfully it turned out it was cause by trauma to the bone. And things at home have been really unstable in the past year.

I’m scared that if I take him to the doctors they’ll send us for an mri or brain scan, he spent the last year and a half getting mris and X-rays, we cant go back to that! He’s had to operations in the one year.

I keep freaking out that he will become seriously ill and I don’t know how we would deal with it!

Does anyone have any experience of headaches in kids like this?
    It sounds like a mild neck issue, but since we are forgiven to worry excessively about our wee ones, it might not be a bad idea to consult the doctor. I second what the poster before me said - I highly doubt it will come to MRIs and similar tests.

Stay strong and, as we say in my home country, may your child live one hundred years!

Margaret Thatcher

Now he is saying the back of his head is sore when he looks up. Says it’s a bruise and he has two of them. I’m very worried and feel I’m making it worse by always asking him if he’s ok.
    Last edited by LouiseC1896; 13-08-18 at 16:37. Reason: Wrong spelling

Thread Information