Thread: So convinced I have throat or tonsil ‘C’

So convinced I have throat or tonsil ‘C’

Some my remember my previous ordeal. I do have a lymphnode that is somewhat larger but was found to be benign. The trouble for me is that I feel that even though the lymphnode tested as benign - I’m still having aching in my upper throat/neck and back to my ear on that same side - so maybe the lymphnode is really large because my body is trying to fight some sort of cancer in my throat and the ultrasound was not adequate to find anything there.

I really thought I was doing a bit better but after two months have passed and I still notice the achiness there I’m not feeling much positivity anymore. I cried tonight while putting my little ones to bed and imagining the worst. Just really struggling again and needed a place to say it. Thanks.

Re: So convinced I have throat or tonsil ‘C’

In the two months since, the node would have grown.

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you for the reply. I guess I can’t tell if it’s bigger - it feels the same. But I have some ear pain and achiness under my jaw on that side. I thought it was coming and going and now I can’t tell if I’ve just been poking and prodding and massaging the Area so much that it has become sore of if it’s really bothering me. I’ve always been a horrible teeth grinder and have some tmj so at this point I don’t know what’s what. Just that’s it’s always on that same side.

My overall anxiety is at an high right now - so I’m trying to be calm and wait a couple weeks to see if my head will clear some and I can think more rationally about it.

Thanks again for replying.

Try to stop poking & playing with the lump, you'll only make the area sore, have you spoken to a dr about it, a friend of mine had a lump on his neck which he thought was something serious, but after about 2 weeks it went away & hasnt returned, are you sure its not just a flared gland or even a boil under the skin

If you can't tell if it's grown, it didn't change. In 3 months, mine went from the size of a peanut to a golf ball. It was lymphoma that had spread to my tonsil. Also, tonsil cancer isn't described as just a sore throat and an ache. Your one tonsil will literally be much bigger! I was also losing my voice and had trouble swallowing.

Thank you for the reply. I still feel something that is hard and roundish - it’s near my lymphnode but the ENT said it felt structural or that it could be an area that is a bit hard. That was back in May before the ultrasound on the lymphnode. It’s still there and feels like it protrudes some when I turn my neck - in the same place that it aches and I have ear pains on that side too. It doesn’t feel bigger but I still notice it. But it also did that back in May when I showed it to him.

I know that no one can diagnose me, obviously, but my husband feels like I go to the dr for everything (even though I’ve only been 4 times since January) and I don’t know if this is something I should push the ENT about. And also there is a part of me that is already convinced of the worst and I’m afraid to go thru the process of finding out what seems inevitable. Just very anxious lately and not feeling much, if any, relief from meds.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    my husband feels like I go to the dr for everything (even though I’ve only been 4 times since January)
    I have real health issues and I see my doctor 1-2X a year for routine blood work and exams (that includes GP, Cardiologist and ENT/Oncologist) unless I'm really ill. I agree with your husband. "Only 4 times" so far this year is a lot IMO. You've had several scientific medical tests and multiple exams. You're physically fine. Mentally is another story. I hope the meds help to quiet your mind and give you some relief.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information