Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Sick of Nausea/Vomiting

So Sick of Nausea/Vomiting

For the last 9 months, I've had nausea (mostly in mornings) and sometimes even vomiting (except for once or twice, in the mornings). Some days I feel a little queasy all day but manage to eat. The longest stretch of time with no nausea/vomiting was one month (June).

This is DRIVING ME CRAZY! I just want to enjoy food again and not feel sick in the mornings. I'm not pregnant.

The usual pattern is - if I dont eat enough the night before, I get these "hollow" stomach pains in the middle of the night, and then the next morning I retch and gag and feel nauseous (sometimes gagging up clear liquid). If I eat breakfast too early, like yesterday morning I had a smoothie because I thought my stomach was fine, I quickly feel nauseous and vomit it up. But if I wait to eat I can keep it down by around 10 am. But if I feel sick in the morning it usually takes a day or two to "recover" and not feel the queasiness lingering into the afternoon/evening.

The possible culprits are anxiety, I know a lot of people get nausea from anxiety. But also acid reflux, H Pyori bacteria, gastroparesis, gallbladder stones, low blood sugar, post nasal drip, high cortisol levels, and more...

Just wondering if other people have recovered from similar symptoms before. My doctors suggested it could be acid related but taking antiacids doesnt seem to help.

Re: So Sick of Nausea/Vomiting

Anyone? I'm really struggling with this so much. Worried about gastroparesis today.

---------- Post added at 13:32 ---------- Previous post was at 13:27 ----------

I scheduled a doctor appointment for tomorrow morning. Feel like a failure for not being able to just get through this since I'm 80% sure its anxiety... but 20% is very worried its medical

Do you take antacids before bed at all?

When you wake up in the morning, have you tried eating something little bit sugary, like a biscuit or even a small glass of juice (not drunken too quickly).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have taken antiacids in the evening after certain meals, but not exactly before bed.

I have sometimes had juice in the mornings and it seems to go okay. Solid foods first thing in the morning seem to trigger nausea one time out of five, so I've avoided solid foods first thing (for example, one week I had cereal M-Th and felt okay, and then had it Friday and threw up the first bite).

For what its worth my fiance thinks its 100% anxiety, and that I'm worrying myself sick by constantly thinking about my stomach. For example Sunday night I slept maybe 3-4 hours, felt anxious all evening, and then vomited the smoothie in the morning. Now that I'm worried about the vomiting again, I have felt a little queasy all day since Monday, but have been eating digestive biscuits, oatmeal, and protein smoothies. Still feel bloated/full quickly/queasy, and have some ear congestion.

I guess the actual vomiting/retching which happens every 2-4 weeks on average scares me, it seems like a lot of people get nausea with anxiety but not actual vomiting. :(

---------- Post added at 15:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:47 ----------

My primary fear is that I had a TIA in October that somehow messed up my vagus nerve/stomach and is causing nausea. That scary brief episode was diagnosed by the neurologists as a panic attack/migraine but all my stomach and anxiety problems started at that moment and I cant help but feel that its related/neurological.

I had an MRI/EKG/blood tests/etc but I cant get over this fear.
    Last edited by IreneRumi; 01-08-18 at 18:53.

Sorry, what’s a TIA?

I sometimes wake up early in the morning feeling nauseous & hungry. I have to be really careful what I eat otherwise I feel worse. So often I’ll nibble on a biscuit. I sort of put it down to low blood sugar, and I think it is worse if you’ve eaten a high-carb meal for dinner.
    I don’t get it every morning, but I didn’t get it at all the few months when I was dieting and barely eating chocolate!
    I’ve tried to remember to take a couple of gaviscon before bed as I want to see if that effects it.

It’s highly possible it’s anxiety related, so what are you doing to treat your anxiety?

A TIA is a mini-stroke that doesn't leave any evidence of a stroke and lasts a short period of time. I had an episode of stuttering/dizziness that lasted a few minutes in October and went to the ER. It was terrifying and left me feeling disoriented. I vomited after it happened. The many doctors I saw in the couple months including two neurologists thought it could have been a panic attack or migraine, not a mini-stroke since Im only 26 and have no risk factors. But I havent been able to get it out of my head that it was a mini-stroke.

I started counseling a couple weeks ago and also meditation. Had a few good weeks this month where I was eating fine and a few rough mornings every two weeks (the first two times brought on by a known stressor) where I felt sick and vomited. And then last friday I just felt sick and nauseous again for no reason and have been really anxious and queasy since. In some form this has been going on since October although Ive had stretches of time where I was okay (the longest being the month of June).

I did eat a lot of heavy dairy and a cheeseburger on Sunday and then slept poorly. I think that triggered the vomiting monday morning after I guzzled down a smoothie for breakfast because I was so hungry.

No. You did not have a mini stroke! How are you even thinking you did? You had a panic attack. The lasting effects are your anxiety. Not a bloody stroke!

My Dad had a mini stroke, his speech was affected as was his tongue and arms.

I guess I'm scared of it because the episode was only a few minutes long, involved my speech (sudden stuttering/unable to speak) and I felt very disoriented, and one of my hands (right hand) started tingling/pins&needles. The doctors said it was "very unlikely" it was a mini stroke and much more likely to be a migraine or panic attack, but I guess I interpreted "very unlikely" as "still possible." And my brain has been obsessed with it since.

After it happened I have had nausea and chest pain and tons of other anxiety symptoms since. Its gotten better over the last few months but Im still struggling to accept its all anxiety and that I didnt have a mini stroke that triggered a bunch of neuro problems. :(

Well you need to try harder!
    What are you doing to treat your anxiety?

I started counseling a couple weeks ago and have been trying to relax.

I did go to the doctors this morning, they were very understanding and listened to my concern about the nausea. They are putting me on a histamine blocker for stomach irritation for a couple weeks to see if that helps and also are taking some blood to check my liver/gallbladder function and an overall blood count.

Basically they said it wasn't anything dangerous, but both doctors (my doc and the supervising doctor) said they understood it was uncomfortable and making me anxious and they wanted to look into it. I feel a bit better, that I am being taken seriously. I waited to go to the doctors and havent been since January because I was hoping this would just resolve on it own. But I feel like getting checked out was the right answer for today. I know that reassurance seeking is bad for anxiety, but I feel like if something can stave off the nausea for a while and I can get back on my feet then I'll start to feel loads better.

Hopefully I wont be back to this forum for a while. I do feel like checking this forum/reading about others health anxieties and checking google has been very bad for my anxiety. But thank you for your responses, Scass, they do help put things in perspective!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information