Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! :( Pretty sure I have C. Diff - need reassuring experiences

Re: Help! :( Pretty sure I have C. Diff - need reassuring experiences

You are ALL so very kind. I have tried really hard today to perk up and feel better. I went outside with my family for a bit and ran to the store to pick up a couple of necessities but I really feel unwell. I feel like I’ve been hit by a bus. That’s why I’m scared I have something more scary going on. My temp hasn’t gotten above 98.6 even when my face was hot, but my temp generally runs really low. I feel cold and feverish and have body aches. I’m scared because my platelets dropped by 80 in about two weeks. My doctor said most commonly that is due to how the blood was processed. If it was leukemia my white blood cells and neutrophils would be off, right??? The worst part is just not knowing why I feel this way.

Anyone??

I feel so lousy, joint pain. Tired, run down. I still have it in my head that it’s something terrible. I’m usually a very busy, energetic person. Could being dehydrated the other night make me feel like this for a whole week?? Still having to use the bathroom #2 almost after every meal but not a lot comes out. Could it just be that the antibiotics messed up my gut but it’s not c-diff?? I’m terrified it’s c-diff and I’m not being treated for it and it’s only going to get worse. :(

Well you don’t have cdiff, you have been tested 3 times. THREE!!

If you ha e a fever, then you maybe have a virus.

But I also think that you’re suffering quite badly from anxiety which is making your symptoms worse, and creating new ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't sound like c diff, especially since your tests came back negative. If you're not pooping 100% liquid, it's not c diff. Antibiotics very commonly cause diarrhea. It's only rarely c diff, especially outside a hospital setting. Antibiotics combined with anxiety are wreaking havoc on your digestive system. Eat a mild diet of bread, bananas, rice, and apple sauce for a few days and let your stomach rest. Has your doctor recommended taking a probiotic? When I took antibiotics for strep a few months ago my doctor had me take a full 30 days of probiotics. If you're not, I'd call your doctor for a recommendation. You just need to let your stomach get back to normal. The anxiety is definitely making it worse. And, take it easy. Rest a lot and drink a lot of fluids. You will get through this.

Thank you so much for your replies. It’s so heart-warming to know total strangers are taking the time to try to cheer me up and encourage me. I love this community. Yes, I am taking some mega antibiotics for sure!!

I’m still worried about why I feel feverish and achey, like my body is trying to fight off something for 8 days now. Do you think my platelets could have been low because I took Motrin/Advil a few hours before?? I’m freaking out it’s leukemia or something because I was running a low grade fever weeks ago as well but had sinus issues and that’s why I took the antibiotics. The low grade fever went away after a steroid shot but now it’s back again accompanied with these stomach issues.😩

I recently had slightly elevated platelets and googled to see what it means. It's my understanding that you get high platelets from infection and cancer, not low. So, your doctor is probably right that it was just the lab. If you had a terrible infection your platelets would be high.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information