Quote Originally Posted by jonchoo View Post
That's interesting - I hadn't heard about that, but it certainly backs up my 'theory'. Meditation could fall into the same category.

The evidence just keeps on mounting. What if ... just imagine ... WHAT IF I'm right about this.

---------- Post added at 08:13 ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 ----------

The latest drug they have me on is Mirtazapine. I just checked and guess what - its effective at treating chronic pain. Google "Mirtazapine pain" and you'll find the study. The very first thing I noticed when I took the first pill was that my gut stopped bothering me.
Mindfulness and therapeutic forms such as CBT aim to change how you feel about your symptoms and your situation. You learn to accept it and learn to be more positive about it. So much the same as they are used to treat mental health conditions.

I would be wary of bias with your theory as many more people who suffer painful conditions, or traumas, never go on to become mental health disorder sufferers. So it can't be as formulaic as one creates the other there is a big question mark over why it also doesn't, pretty much that Holy Grail of anxiety disorders we would al like to get a firm answer from the medical world on. And comorbidity doesn't have to mean causality.