Thread: Please Help! Advice needed urgently!

Please Help! Advice needed urgently!

Hi,

Haven't posted for a while...my husband came home from work last night having walked out after a row. I'm so afraid now that he has lost his job and after being so well for so long the panic came back in a big whoosh!!! I didn't get any sleep last night. He told me not to worry but he knows by now he shouldn't say that. I'm a full time student training to be a midwife and we don't need the financial pressure. I feel so agitated this morning and everything looks just bleak.

Someone talk some sense urgently please!!!

Kate

Re: Please Help! Advice needed urgently!

HI Kate

I can imagine how you are feeling and the last thing you need to hear is "don't worry" of course you are going to worry!! money is the root of all evil and we can't do without it. i'm in the same boat myself with not working and it is a huge worry finacially.
    But back to your problem, have you thought about things realistically, i don't mean to sound rude saying that but i mean things like how long as hubby been there, is he likely to have been given the sack or is his boss understanding?
    Is he the sort of person who would put pride aside and go back in and apologise for his action in walking out and if so would his boss be as good.

I really can't offer much in the way of advice but wanted to know that i am thinking of you and really hope everything turns out fine for you.
    please keep us posted

Re: Please Help! Advice needed urgently!

hi there kate,

this is hard i know as again money is at the bottom of my current bout of anxiety, although i have come to accept the situation and am now moving on, but i know how upsetting it is.

i know that it is very very frightening when your security is threatened, but just take a step back and see it rationaly as our kneejerk reaction is to think we are going to be destitute! how likely is this really? do you have family to support you? also really i would try (will be hard) to just stay focussed on yourself, after all if you are studying to be a midwife you will be financially independant when you qualify and start working - so i would say just completely focus on yourself and try to stay calm. even if the worst came to the worst while you are studying to be a midwife im sure you would qualify for benefits? either you or your other half? anyway you havent given enough detail as to why your husband has walked out of work, but i can see that in your dependant position that would cause ALOT of problems and i would be very unhappy if tht happened to me, well infact id be mad as hell!!!

but you can become independant yourself so just stay calm and stick with your studies and over time things will become clearer and less frightening.

Thread Information