I have been on Mirt for 3 months now, and it was going relatively ok.

But about a month ago I had severe abdominal pain for about 10hrs, but I put it down to having gone for a run on an empty stomach. Then last night I had really brutal pain, all around my abdomen - very sharp stabbing pain - lasted all night and was getting worse, so went to the hospital at about 6am. They did blood tests and urine tests that came back fine, and the Dr said he could not feel anything wrong etc. They gave me codine but even that only dulled the pain. It is now 12pm and the pain is still there, but dulled a lot, which may be the codine or it may be going away.

I have never had pain like this in my stomach before. I have IBS issues, but this felt nothing like that. It was not bloating or anything else. If felt like my whole intestines were being stabbed repeatedly.

Has anyone had something like this on Mirt? Stomach pain can be one of the side effects, but I also know this could be something else entirely...

Any advice? If it is the Mirt, then the longer I stay on, the worse the damage will be, so need to decide what to do...