Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Throat/Tongue symptoms caused by anxiety?

Re: Anxiety about throat cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Blue23Blent View Post
    You guys don't think this could be esophageal cancer?
    You absolutely, positively do not have esophageal cancer. This is classic health anxiety.....you’re worried about 1 thing, then once it’s proven you don’t have that you move to something else.

As has been said already, you need to be treating your anxiety.

Why is my tongue yellow now?

Keep searching and my throat at base of tongue has felt super dry lately. Burning type feeling. What’s going on with me?!!! Could it be the ENT couldn’t see base of tongue during scope?

---------- Post added at 17:10 ---------- Previous post was at 16:33 ----------

Keep searching and my throat at base of tongue has felt super dry lately. Burning type feeling. What’s going on with me?!!! Could it be the ENT couldn’t see base of tongue during scope?
    So you think this could be an HPV thing on base of tongue? Mouth has been so dry and raw feeling down there.

Why are you searching for things to "be wrong"? You will find symptoms if you look for them. Stop symptom-checking. It's only adding to your anxiety.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jray23 View Post
    Why are you searching for things to "be wrong"? You will find symptoms if you look for them. Stop symptom-checking. It's only adding to your anxiety.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    It’s hard when you aren’t sure what it is and it’s been lasting forever. Started getting this dry irritated base of tongue feeling after I started looking in my mouth constantly because of lip cyst. It’s been going on for months now.

you guys think this could be back of tongue cancer?

you guys think this could be back of tongue cancer?
    I’ve been to ENT for follow up on mucocele surgery and he checked it out. He informed me my throat looks cobblestones and says it might be allergies or acid reflux.
    6 pages of reassurance and it's not helping. If you're that concerned see your doctor but I urge you to show him this thread and ask for real life help with your anxiety.

I'm a survivor of two heart attacks, triple bypass, stents and Stage IV Head and Neck cancer. I have real life health issues that can put me 6 feet under. You have an illness that's doing that to you above ground.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    6 pages of reassurance and it's not helping. If you're that concerned see your doctor but I urge you to show him this thread and ask for real life help with your anxiety.

I'm a survivor of two heart attacks, triple bypass, stents and Stage IV Head and Neck cancer. I have real life health issues that can put me 6 feet under. You have an illness that's doing that to you above ground.

FMP

Would an ENT be able to see if HPV was on base of tongue or something?

Would an ENT be able to see if HPV was on base of tongue or something?

Maybe it’s just not knowing where the issue is located. I’ve been taking the PPI since last Friday.

---------- Post added at 08:09 ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 ----------

Just trying to see if anyone else has experienced similar issues. I’ve never had these symptoms and I’m 30 years old and have been in great health. Another thing was I had a blood test done during my normal physical that I do yearly to check cholesterol. Everything came back PERFECT.

So i don’t know why my throat would be doing this. The issues literally started after I noticed those red blotches in the back of my throat. Then I became obsessed with googling and looking in my throat. Symptoms haven’t stopped since.

I’ll take one more stab at this one, even though I’m sure any reply I get will be a list of “symptoms” and/or request for reassurance.

You’ve seen an ENT multiple times. He examined and scoped you and found nothing. That means you’re fine. You’ve convinced yourself that something is wrong so you’re searching for it, even though it doesn’t exist. This is health anxiety 101.
    Why don’t you do something about the anxiety which you fully acknowledge having?

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information