Thread: doctor scared me again

doctor scared me again

As the title says scared by doctor again.

Since july i have had a bad throat after being alergic to two inhalers saw doctor last week who said stop inhaler and see how throat goes,
    well wasnt getting any better and my mouth felt so sore ,so as i had a visit booked with nurse for today i asked her about throat and mouth she looked in my mouth and then felt my throat she said oh yes your throat is swollen
    i think you may have got thrush . so i said would thet make my throat swell after a while when i started to shake she said yes.
    so she then said i will give you some thing to take (Nystan oral suspension) and see if that clears it up but i will make you a appointment to see the doctor on the 4th sept so then they can investigate futher down your throat panic panic (hospital) so now i am thinking well if she thought it was just thrush why has she made me a appointment to see the doctor to get it investicated further she must think it is something other than thrush (cancer of the throat) and i have to wait till 4th sept to see doctor
    I am going out of my mind since i got back dont want to google as that always makes me worse but i am so stressed out can do without all this

Re: doctor scared me again

hi, sorry that you feel worried, they have a habit of doing this don't they.

i think when we feeling anxious we read much more into things, and sure she sending you just as a precaution. Please don't google as if your anything like me you will scroll down to find the doom and gloom section and then focus on that.

I hope your feeling better soon. xx

She is probably doing it to reassure you more than anything.

I doubt she suspects it is cancer - she will be making sure that she does all the tests she can to help you.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Syl this you don't need at the moment hun and 2 days before your birthday too I would think the doctor is as Nic says it's just a reasurrance thing Syl hun. Wise woman not wanting to google Doctors can be insensitive t**ts sometimes and don't realise that us health anxiety sufferers always have ourselves diagnosed before we get the length of their surgery. Try to put it out of your mind and concentrate on being the BIG 60 lol. You keep your chin up Syl and I'm here if you need me. xxx

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

Mandy xx

"DILLIGAF"

She will have made you an appt with the gp on the 4th sept for a check up to see if the problem has been resolved with the nystatin i think. Then, if you have any more concerns you will already be with the gp and can discuss them then and there. Hopefully the nystatin will sort you out, try not to worry, and i now this is very hard to do!!xx

Thread Information