Thread: Help Pls

Help Pls

Hiya,

I was at the dentist on Tuesday and had an extraction of a molar. Anyway bleeding never stopped and i had to go back and get my mouth stitched and packed.
    Dentist gave me Amoxicillin antibiotics (which ive had before) and as usual i had a panic about taking them.... Took my first last night and another at 7.20am. My particular fear is dying. Now im worried, my mouth feels swollen (both sides) and im panicking!!!

Re: Help Pls

Hi firstly i want to say well done for getting the tooth out ,i have still got to face that one! I know exactly what you mean i have panicked terrible about taking antibotics, and have since had a bad reaction to one (hives) but i had to stop taking them, so the reaction is not going to kill you! I once felt so scared about taking a new anitobic that i sat outside the a & e department and still never took it thankfully the problem calmed down and i never had to take them! So how far fetched is sitting outside the hospital? You will be fine.

Thanks for that! Going to the dentist for a check up was an achievment I can tell u. Going back for fillings - also an achievment! Then the extraction and stitches etc afterwards - all very good for me (if i went regularly then i would be getting extractions)Taking the abitbiotics is an achievment too - I forced myself to take them
    Just spoke to someone at my work who told me that I dont look swollen. Im just scared! Ive had them before.... I understand about your new ones totally! even about sitting outside the hospital!

I hope all goes well, i'm also paranoid about taking new medicine and always think i'm allergic but you just have to trsut it, hope everything goes well for you

xxxxx

AND YOU'LL HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE

p.s not too much though, be HAPPY

Hi Laurie

I think you deserve a big pat on the back for going to the dentist hun xxx

Mandy xx

"DILLIGAF"

Just about to take my third one... cacking it but know avoiding it wont help my anxiety issue at all

Well done,
    keep taking them and trust that they are safe : ) Youre right if you start avoiding them even just by missing one it will gradually worsen till you cant do it at all!

xx

Hey Laurie
    Well Done Hun.......you Did Great.........amoxacillin Is A Great Antibiotic .........better Takin It Then Gettin Infection Which U Wont Now That Your Taking Them.you Done Well With It All...wish You Well.......linda

Thread Information