Thread: Heart stopped beating for 5 seconds SCARED!!!

Exclamation Heart stopped beating for 5 seconds SCARED!!!

Yesterday i had a really bad experience and its scared the life out of me.
    Ive always suffered from palpatations but what happend to me was horrible. I was just sitting reading a magazine when i had a big thump in my chest then nothing for abot 5 -10 seconds, then a big thud in my heart. My heart stopped for 5 seconds at least ! and i had to hit my chest because i thought my heart it wasnt gong to start again. I felt all funny all over and my tongue went all white.
    I have never had such along pause before the next beat.
    Please if anyone has had this please put my mind at rest.
    I did have an ECG last year and a 24 hour monitor . Dr said palpatations is something i would have to live with . Although my ECG showed up a small adnormality. The heart scan showed up to be healthy.

So what happened ? I cant see dr again till friday ( that was there nearest appointment for me)

Love to all
    Soggypops

Re: Heart stopped beating for 5 seconds SCARED!!!

I have had this so many times its unreal... have to jump up or something or cough... tongue prob went white due to lack of circulation for a few secs! its awful... i get episodes of irregular beats can last for ages when in a state of panic but them ones are often when totaly relaxin! try not to worry we all still here!

Unhappy Re: Heart stopped beating for 5 seconds SCARED!!!

Hi Soggy

Feel for you, but no need to worry, it's happened to me many times and I'm still here

I hope I'm not wrong in saying that it's a quick beat followed by a slow beat hence the pause (sometimes long pause), did it make u catch ure breath too?, mine normally do. Please try not to worry, I know it's easy for me to say that but truly I have had them for many years. An anxious person can get them also too much caffeene (sp) or cigarettes.

I hope you feel a bit reassured.
    Take care
    Elspeth xx

Thanks Elspeth and Rachey poos
    It means so much when other people can relate to your problem. I was relaxed at the time when it happened and i dont smoke or drink either. Gosh it makes you wounder what youve done to deserve this , dosnt it ?
    Well im going to keep looking forward to things and try not to think about this.
    Oh and ive been off meds for 3 weeks now and to be honest i feel alot less stressed than i did when i was on the pills? Strange ???

Love to all
    E
    x

Bless you..... I think sometimes taking tablets ( I only take the herbel stuff) reminds us we have anxiety... its a hard one... i go on and off medication... the min I feel better the calms and magnesium and St Johns Wort are back in the draw! Min anxiety starts there out again... my old freinds... also i take rescue remedy ... that is sooooooooooo efective.... Good Luck and dont worry...if...IF... you get another ...jump up and cough or something.. and dont look at your tongue... just think ohhhh thats over now! still here! xxxxx

Went to drs today and mentioned to her what had happened and she said it could have been a heart block ? She said keep my eye on it.
    So she didnt seem worried and she never even listened to my heart .
    So i will just carry on as normal and keep positive.

Love to all
    E
    x

Thumbs up Re: Heart stopped beating for 5 seconds SCARED!!!

Hi Soggy

You have a good positive attitude, keep it up

Good that ure off the meds if I were you, I would be very proud with myself, you're doing very well, congratulations

Elspeth xx

Thread Information