Thread: Scary anxious thoughts

Red face Scary anxious thoughts

My anxious thoughts seem to have come back and I find them scary I just worry I will go mad or do something crazy and fear I will have a break down. I know I would not do anything stupid but still fear it. I just lost my job the other week so I have had more time to think about things. Does relaxing music help with these kind of things? I know this is all common with anxiety but because I've not had it in a while its just scary for me.

Re: Scary anxious thoughts

Hi Phil

First I would like to say, Please be prond of yourself for understand that Mrs anxiety is playing with you, you have done great, noticing its Mrs anxiety. WELL DONE

I can understand how scary this is for you, if you have not had this in a while, ohh boy, it can be hard NOT to fear it, but as you know, it can only survive on our fears.

I am sorry to hear you lost your job, hay, there loss, I bet you were a good worker. I know its hard for you right now, but please try looking at positive pathways on moving forward on this one.

This site give's us many tools, but the hardest thing is knowing which tool will work and at what times in our anxiety state to use them. This site is great all advice given, does work

The thing we are trying to achieve with these thoughts, IS, total distraction from the thoughts, if we can achieve total disctaction, the thoughts will go, but how do we do this.

When I was acute, I used at diferent times different things,

One was to battle these thoughts in my head, to change each thought, to use the word STOP, to change each thought into a more reasuring one, ohhh boy, this is hard and takes alot of hard work and time.

The other is relaxation CD's, at first, its dame hard bacause my anxiety was to high and the thoughts just kept popping back in. It is true that anxiety can not exsist in a totaly relaxed body.

The other finding sometime I could do to distraced myself, I used the kids for this, play games, anything that was happy.
    I watched comedy movies on the telly anything to make me laugh, at one point I got all the old home movies out of our past hols and looked at them.

Phil, see this as a hiccup, you have not had this in whle, you know it will pass and it will.

Be kind to youself, have a nice relaxing bath, listen to feel good music, try the relaxation CD's.

Hope this helps a little.

you take care

LOVE JILLXXX

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"