Thread: Sinuses

Sinuses

Hey, has anyone any tips for sinus pain, I went docs who have put me on antibiotics but the pain is excruciating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Sinuses

Quote Originally Posted by Noworryjonny View Post
    Hey, has anyone any tips for sinus pain, I went docs who have put me on antibiotics but the pain is excruciating

Boiling hot water in a saucepan with some mint if you have some makes the steam taste better. Put a towel over your head and let the steam work it's magic. It'll help.

I had sinus pain all day yesterday from a heavy workout at the gym (back and trap exercises are the worst for this). Basically causes flu like sinus pain and headache. It's the worst when it's behind your eyes and around the temples.

But if you've got an illness the hot water in the saucepan will help some.

Rest up and use it as an excuse to put your feet up for a couple of days

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Boiling hot water in a saucepan with some mint if you have some. Put a towel over your head and let the steam work it's magic. It'll help.

I had sinus pain all day yesterday from a heavy workout at the gym (back and trap exercises are the worst for this). Basically causes flu like sinus pain and headache. It's the worst when it's behind your eyes and around the temples.

But if you've got an illness the hot water in the saucepan will help some.

Rest up and use it as an excuse to put your people up for a couple of days

Thank you! I did try and hot water and mint but it did initially clear it a bit but the pain is so bad

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Nurofen

Never Surrender, Comrade

Drink plenty of water, take some ibuprofen/naproxen (I'm sure you are anyway) and try the steam bowl thing. I sympathise, sinus pain is horrible! I hope it passes quickly. The antibiotics should kick in in a few days. X

So I’ve taken the antibiotics for two days and I can feel them starting to work but I have a pain just under my ribs on both sides, I don’t know if this is a side effect of the tablets or the fact I’ve been coughing and blowing my nose like made in the last week I’ve pulled the muscles?

Sinuses

I’ve been coughing and blowing my nose like made in the last week I’ve pulled the muscles? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Glad you have started to feel some relief!

I think you answered your own question though, I would be more surprised if you hadn’t of pulled muscles really!

Positive vibes,

Mouse

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

So I’ve taken the antibiotics for two days and I can feel them starting to work but I have a pain just under my ribs on both sides, I don’t know if this is a side effect of the tablets or the fact I’ve been coughing and blowing my nose like made in the last week I’ve pulled the muscles?
    Could be either, no point in macro analysing every symptom when you have an infection.

I would highly recommend taking a good quality probiotic during and after a course of antibiotics.

Rib pain almost certainly from coughing. I'd take some naproxen, that always helps me with sinus pressure, but the antibiotics should work fast. I had quick relief over the summer for a sinus infection. I also second ankietyjoe on the probiotics. I always take one 4 hours after my antibiotics dose and then for at least two weeks after I finish the course to avoid diarrhea.

Thread Information