Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Panicking over Urologist appt

Panicking over Urologist appt

So today is finally the day I go back to the Urologist, and I am totally off my rocker with anxiety. I've been passing small, hard dark specks at times, I've retrieved some to bring to the appt. Also need to discuss the last hematuria I had in mid November.
    So afraid he's gonna want to do another cystoscopy (just had one 4 months ago that was clear, along with CT). Afraid he'll say they are evidence of a tumor. I can't take another invasive test. I might just refuse, and gamble with whatever will happen. I don't care anymore. I just want this over. I have been in a high strung state of anxiety since September with this Urology issue. I can't hardly take it anymore.

Re: Panicking over Urologist appt

Hello. I haven’t seen your previous posts but I’m wishing you luck. Deep breaths, think of something that makes you happy. You’ll be fine x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    So today is finally the day I go back to the Urologist, and I am totally off my rocker with anxiety. I've been passing small, hard dark specks at times, I've retrieved some to bring to the appt. Also need to discuss the last hematuria I had in mid November.
    So afraid he's gonna want to do another cystoscopy (just had one 4 months ago that was clear, along with CT). Afraid he'll say they are evidence of a tumor. I can't take another invasive test. I might just refuse, and gamble with whatever will happen. I don't care anymore. I just want this over. I have been in a high strung state of anxiety since September with this Urology issue. I can't hardly take it anymore.
    My Dad had bladder Cancer. First time he spotted blood he cystoscopy and they found it was Cancer right there and then. He also had blood tests that confirmed it.

I assume you've had blood tests? If your bloods and test were good and nothing found with the cystoscopy then chances are it's not Cancer.

Are you otherwise fit and healthy?

Please don't gamble. My Dad gambled the second time and it took his life. It's best to get checked out and be safe. There are lots of reasons for blood in urine and Cancer is rare compared to all the other possibilities it could be.

Try not to worry and I hope everything goes well.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

I don't smoke, but I'm 48, male, and overweight. Problem is, cancer is my biggest fear, and the #1 symptom of a urological cancer is painless hematuria. I had it in September, was put through the whole investigation with no cause found, then sent home and told to come back in 6 months for a checkup. However, then it happened again in November, they told me I still didn't need to come in early, but I pressed them for an earlier appointment, which is an hour from now, and now I am regretting it, and sick to my stomach with fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    I don't smoke, but I'm 48, male, and overweight. Problem is, cancer is my biggest fear, and the #1 symptom of a urological cancer is painless hematuria. I had it in September, was put through the whole investigation with no cause found, then sent home and told to come back in 6 months for a checkup. However, then it happened again in November, they told me I still didn't need to come in early, but I pressed them for an earlier appointment, which is an hour from now, and now I am regretting it, and sick to my stomach with fear.
    Sorry you're worried, but good for you being proactive in seeking help. Obviously "something" is going on. That doesn't mean it's harmful, but better safe than sorry. Let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by bin tenn View Post
    Sorry you're worried, but good for you being proactive in seeking help. Obviously "something" is going on. That doesn't mean it's harmful, but better safe than sorry. Let us know how it goes.
    I know how you feel. I had all sorts of tests when I had Cancer and its scary, but they're there to help. Wishing you all the best and good luck.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

I know how you feel too but more than likely it’s not serious. I have extreme cancer fear and think all these miscellaneous symptoms are cancer when they’re usually nothing.

How did you get on?

Given the tests you’ve already had my guess is you are fine. How did the appointment go?

Welp....he said he would test the flakes I brought in as possible kidney stones. Didn't want to do anymore imaging or another scope right now, though he did take another close look at my CT from Sept. and again judged it to be problem free except for what he called "multiple minute renal calculi", aka very small kidney stones. Urinalysis was clear and blood-free. Urged me to get my anxiety treated, which I am. Wants to see me in 3 months for another office visit and UA, which seems like a short period of time if he really thinks I'm totally in the clear. So consequently I feel slightly better, but still have anxiety that they don't really know the definite cause of the hematuria I had twice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information