Thread: Back off my holiday and i am suffering!

Back off my holiday and i am suffering!

Hi guys, got back from Blackpool yesterday and boy am i feeling bad! I don't suppose i did too bad while i was there, i was fine in my caravan and i did lots of walking. I haven't felt this bad for a long time and now it's back with a vengeance and i am scared.
    Last edited by angiebaby; 12-07-15 at 18:41.

Re: Back off my holiday and i am suffering!

hi angie, sorry your feeling this way......but as for me when i go away from my home for a vacation and when i return i feel like im in a new home..it does feel funny for a bit...i think alot of us even without any disorders feels this...it will pass ....i wish ya the best.......linda

Hi Angie have a hug hun Hopefully by the time you read this you will be feeling a bit better I wish I could wave a magic wand for you but I can't but I hope this passes for you soon hun xxx

Mandy xx

"DILLIGAF"

Aww Angie have some hugs from me

I get like this too when i have been on holiday, i dont no if you feel the same as i , but when i go on holiday and then arrive home its like i am coming back to the anxiety in my home and everything that reminds me of the years i have suffered. Also, been able to go away and enjoy ourselves is the last thing we expect as we always expect to take the anxiety with us. i know many times when i have been away i have cried when i have to come home because i just dont want the good days to end.

What we have to try and teach ourselves is we can also be happy at home, theres nothing stopping us doing that, and also we should realise if we can do things on holiday without panic we can do it around our home life too.

Im real pleased you went on holiday and had a good time, blackpool is such a busy place, a place i would find hard to deal with, so i think you did fab hun, so be proud. its a great achievement for you.

Love and hugs

Andrea
    xxxxx

Thanks for the replies, i am really struggling at the moment. I did go away for a week and i did some walking which i wouldn't normally do.
    Last edited by angiebaby; 12-07-15 at 18:42.

Hi angie,

While i do not seem to suffer in the same way i am gutted as to how anxiety can beat you and completely change your personality. I book family holidays, go into blind panic prior to them and the spend the holiday trying to be 'normal'. I thought i was headstrong and determined so how come something as obviously 'daft' as HA can get the best of me. Sorry for the ramble. Take care.

So Sorry your feeling bad I do hope it passes soon stay strong.

Take Care,

Love Pip's X X

Quote Originally Posted by angiebaby View Post
    Hi guys, got back from Blackpool yesterday and boy am i feeling bad! I don't suppose i did too bad while i was there, i was fine in my caravan and i did lots of walking. But the problems have started as soon as i got back to my house. As soon as i walked in i didn't recognize my own home, i was so unreal, floaty and in a cloud and i was so scared. I have suffered with unreality and depersonalization for about two years now and it used to be all day everyday, then it calmed down to a few times a day, they just come over me in waves. But as soon as i walked in my house yesterday i have had this, don't recognize the place, this is not my home, i am not comfortable and relaxed here and would just like to go on my drive and get back in my caravan again. This is so horrible, i hate it and it scared the hell out of me. I have tried and tried to just go with the flow and accept the floating feeling and ignore it but it doen't make any difference at all. I feel so ill right now, so depressed and low, i just want to cry my eyes out but i don't have the energy or the tears anymore. I just don't know what to do, i want to be myself again instead of this 'shell', this unknown mess, this wreck of a human being! I haven't felt this bad for a long time and now it's back with a vengeance and i am scared.

First of all Angie. I just want to say I feel for you.Its really bothersome and frustrating feeling what you feel and then trying to explain it to someone else.

I think that most of us experience the unreal feelings most of our lives but most arent going to be coming around saying 'hey I felt unreal the other day" Well most of us aren't ..not me..Im going to blurt out..."hey I felt like I was floating the other day and woke up wondering what planet I was on"

It happens. I think more than you know. Its like going to the south.There are people that are raised in that atmosphere .You know the jungle .Lush tropics sweat,beads of water running down your face your shirt having to be rung out everytime you get outside or just sit in the car,

Then they never seem to notice it.Or they are great pretenders or have just plain accepted it.You go there and you are down on all fours feeling like you have died and gone to hades and watching yourself melt and dying at a comfortable 100 plus to them.

Ill never know how they live that way but then again when you live where it gets -65 then 40 is a heat wave and they are frozen solid while you are in a tshirt. So I suppose its all in what you are used to . My point being. Most aren't going to admit they are about to pass out when all the moisture in their bodies are going down their legs on the ground and they are sipping cold beer or guzzling it or cold drinks or wipping thier faces with the bottom of cold bottles or cans.

They will grin and bear it because its what they are used to.Then again when im in a tshirt and its hot at 40 and they have frostbite and are dying from exposure Im not telling them how comfortable I am and im used to it. Its all in what you make of things.

Believe it or not for several years I have looked at my home and said.This isnt my home but im not quite sure where home is. I have woke to say "what planet is this" So different from where I lived before. Situtations and things cause our realities to shift.

Something comes to mind that is and old indian saying and I have to share this with you .Its says" Don't sweat the small stuff its all small stuff' Easier said than done. Just remember what you are feeling most of us feel.

Most just don't talk about it. I swear to you I have feelings everyday that I cannot explain.I am lucky that way though.I have someone with me most of the time that says to me after I ask if they feel what I feel..They say" No kidding you feel that way too" hmmm thought it was just me..So don't worry .Just take everyday as it comes.

Don't stress about anything.Its really not worth it.Remember in geologic time we are here for a blink of an eye.Although this is the only life that we know or thing that we know its all we have.Don't waste it on over anyalizing things that really don't matter.Its just a feeling it will subside and if you just keep saying that it usually does. Take care and hope this has helped you .

Thread Information