Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Convinced Im goin mad

Convinced Im goin mad

Hi everyone,
    I am so glad i found this site. I have been having panic attacks for about 6 months now and it has turned into almost constant anxiety.
    The worst and most scary bit is the depersonalisation. I feel like im in a dream most of the tima and when its really bad I convince myself that im either goin mad or about to float off into another dimension or something.
    Im finding it difficult to leave the house at the moment. Its unbelievable that I was perfectly fine until a few months ago. I have refused medication from the doc. Im too scared to take it and dont think it will help anyway.
    The doc has put it down to the fact that I had a premature baby 5 years ago who has only just recently been given the all clear. She was 13 weeks early and in intensive care for 3 months.

Im really hoping that the information on coping on this site will help.

Jude

Hi Jude, and welcome to the site

I have never really seriously suffered from depersonalisation myself, but I do know what it's like to think you're going mad, and it isn't very nice. I can assure you that this is not the case though, as many other people here will tell you also.

Sounds like you're going through a rough period at the minute though, it can be very hard at times when this is all relatively new to you and you haven't yet built up any effective methods of coping. People are probably getting sick of me telling them this by now, but I do believe that relaxation is important and needs to be kept up on a regular basis, helping to keep your general levels of anxiety down. Try not to avoid going out too much too, it may be difficult but it's important that it doesn't become a habit which becomes increasingly difficult to break as time goes on.

Hope you can find the help here that you need

mico

Hi jude,

I discovered this site last week, I have suffered anxiety all my life, and on many occasions I have been convinced I was going mad, but I'm not in a straight jacket yet, everyone here seems really nice and you will be getting plenty of advice and the support you need to get through this tricky patch,there are plenty of options available to you if you would rather not take medication just browse the site and ye shall find.

Kindest wishes

gary

gary

Hi Jude and welcome!

I have suffered with depersonalisation for many, many years and has always been the scariest of symptoms for me.

I always find it gets worse if I have extra stress and even now, after all this time, it still freaks me out [:I]

As you are finding it hard to leave the house at present, it may well be helpful to you to have a short course of medication just to enable you to stabilise yourself. Just a thought anyway!

love Kate x

Hi Jude

Welcome aboard. I am pleased you decided to post here and let us help you some more.

As well as the coping page from the website, have a good read of Meg's First Steps page - that is great too. (www.nomorepanic.co.uk/firststeps.htm)

I used to get the depersonalisation all the time as well and described as "not really living as me but looking down on someone else". It is scary but it does go in time. Reaxation and some good breathing exercises will help that.

I hope we can be of some help to you on here.

Nicola

Hi Jude,

I used to call it being in a goldfish bowl. Horrible experiences.

As Mico sazs - relaxation is incredibly important. Yoga was great for me as was relaxtion cd's.

It does pass as you learn to cope with feeling overwhelmed and not go into a downward spiral which ends in full on panic.

Meg
    www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Thank you for answering me. I was dreading no one wanting to know because they all thought I was mad too.
    Its nice to know you are all out there, thinking Im sane. Hopefully I can start to believe it now too.[:P]

Jude

Trust me - you are not mad and we will all help all we can to get you back on track.

Nicola

Hi Jude

Welcome to the site.

You are not mad at all and i know we all think that with anxiety. Ive had bad day and cant sleep and am still convinced i am going mad although in reality i know it is anxiety.

Feeling isolated as when no one has been there is hard, but you know we all understand and will help you all we can.

You are not on your own.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

Hi Jude

Welcome to the site.

My first PA was june last year after that everthing went
    out of the window eg my life I had 25 symptoms in all:(
    one of them being depersonalisation:( thought I was
    going mad and would be like this for the rest of my life.
    [Yeah!]Then I found this site now I'm alot better some
    days I'm 100% better
    With alot of hard work support and time you to can learn
    how to feel better.
    Remember Jude you are not alone, we all know how you
    are feeling and will help and support you.
    There is light at the end of the tunnel it just takes time.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

All problems have a begining and an end!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information