Thread: Lymphoma worry just won't go away

Unhappy Lymphoma worry just won't go away

Hi everyone,

I posted not so long ago on the forum as I had a swollen gland in my neck and was worrying about lymphoma. I went to the GP and she said it was nothing to worry about. For a couple of weeks I didn't worry and it was great!

However, the last couple of days I've had the weird lump in the throat feeling (not globus - this is only on one side), and the gland is still swollen after about two months! Also, I have stomach problems and bladder problems, and am now worrying again that it's lymphoma. The lymph nodes in my body are swollen and causing the other problems by pressing on various organs.

What should I do?! Should I go back to the GP and ask outright if it could be lymphoma? I'm sure the gland should have gone down by now...I mean, I don't even remember having an infection to make it swell in the first place!

This is horrible. I was doing so well, getting my life back on track, and now I'm feeling myself slip back into despair and it's horrid If only the symptoms and lumps would just go away I'd be alright...

I'd welcome any advice.

Thanks everyone.

Anna. x
    "There. You've just said it. It got better."

Re: Lymphoma worry just won't go away

*sigh*

Not sure why I'm writing a reply to my own message...just feeling a bit alone I guess. I suppose the peeps who've read my thread think it's bad news

I hate health anxiety. I hate having symptoms that lead to health anxiety. I hate having to go to the doctor about my health worries all the time...I wish I didn't have any lumps or aches or weird feelings so I could just forget about my body - if only for a short while - and get on with enjoying life. I feel like I can't 'allow' myself to feel happy or carefree or to enjoy life until I know I don't have a horrible disease. I know that I have no control over if and when I get ill, but I am so tired of this living hell. In fact, as much as I don't want to be ill, at least having something serious would mean I'd get treatment to get better....

Sorry for the rambling. I just needed to feel close to people who understand.

Anna. x
    "There. You've just said it. It got better."

Hi Anna

Sorry you are going through a bad time right now. I am sorry but I am unable to advise you as I am going through the exact same thing.

Your best bet would be to go back to your doctor and let him know your concerns. At least then you wont be going through them in your mind over and over again.

Sorry I cant be of any more help.

Take care

Hi,

I know it's really difficult when your mind is on one thought process my worry at the mo is clots (blood clots) I have sharp pains and shortness of breath.

It's just to let you know that you're not alone and there are loads of people on this site with these terrible sort of thoughts, I've always wondered why it effects some people and not others and it always sem to effect the nicer type of people!!!

Take care

Andrew

hi anna the symton you are stressing i also had i got a lump in my neck and worried all the time had checks its a gland that is permantly up . i have had it for 5 years my daughter as also got one and been told the same .my niece got lymphoma and yhey are not the symtons i can reasure you .hope i been some help to you but go back the doctors to have a check to settle your mind . lumps can be permantly up in times of stress and panic peoples bodys react differently to stress and anxiety tc care elaine xxx

Thread Information