Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here I go again - speech problem

Re: Here I go again - speech problem

god...my mind works ahead of me while I'm speaking (or thinking of speaking) and I'm convincing myself my mind will go blank and I won't be able to concentrate on what I'm saying and there'll be nothing there! this is particularly bad in meetings at work. I've literally had a panic attack and run out of the room...shame.

I know I just sabotage myself with automatic thoughts but yes..its a pain and you feel like you're losing the plot. It can be so hard to concentrate and just focus undeterred on what I want to say. I used to be so articulate...

i do this all the time too and even when i try and repeat myself it comes out funny but it goes

don't worry hun xx

AND YOU'LL HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE

p.s not too much though, be HAPPY

Uuugh.....tell me about it!

I can yackity yak for England (as you all know ) and I'm always 'tripping' over!

And I could boil an egg or cook a roast dinner sometimes with the time it takes for me to retrieve a word or phrase from my memory!!

So, please try not worry Ann - I reckon this happens to more people than would care to admit to it!

Hm, 6 yrs old - maybe you were just a bit tired at the time? Or thinking about something else as well? Honestly, I don't think there is any cause for concern.......

....I just put it down to my hormones !

big hugs for you

Thank goodness; I thought I was the only one! Yes suffering from this too at the mo -missing syllables in my writing cos I'm jumping ahead of myself is happening a lot, and saying the wrong word without meaning to. Its damn disturbing so I sympathise.

Ed x

i think that i never make sense when i talk, i forever get my words jumbled up and they dont come out how i mean them to

dont worry i do this all the time and its definetly not an age thing cos i am 22!! my mind goes blank with the most stupid simple things - sooo frustrating! also when i'm uncomfortable or just talking to a new person i jumble my sentances and sometimes say words which are half one word and half another, very irritating and i must sound like a right nana sometimes
    love lex xxxx

hiya hun. please dont worry. i do this 24/7 my kids think its as funny as hell but sometimes i feel daft when it happens and i stutter as well and i dont need to be anx or nervous. it aint age or anything nasty i bet nearly everyone does this. dont worry or focus on it just giggle when it happens. hope this has helped you. please feel free to pm if you wanna talk ok . take care .

kellie.

Panic that's exactly what I go through EVERYDAY, fearing I am losing my memory/brain power by not being able to explain things thoroughly and not being able to pronounce certain words or knowing their meaning.

This happens to me constantly. It scares me a bit. It also happens when i am typing. I am thinking one word and a type something completely different. Horrible.

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Yeah and doesn't it like ... sometimes make you worry about your brain power/intelligence? Because I have it daily... makes me feel like a retard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information