Thread: Why Am I Finding It So Hard

Why Am I Finding It So Hard

Heya Guys,

I've had panic attacks and anxiety back now nearly 2 years,i did hypnotherapy first time round and it really helped,i went from being nearly housebound to getting a job and learning to drive.

Although i wasnt a 100% there,I moved house 2 years ago and found myself beside the neighour from hell,this brought the panic back with a bang and now i am very limited in where i will go.

What i dont understand is first time round i really put the effort doing everything i could to get back on my feet,so why am i finding it so hard this time,i know there is so much i could be doing to relax,etc but i just dont seem to have the energy,drive or motivation.

Im starting to wonder am i depressed or what,i dont feel down just more drained and tired.Im am usually the type of person to fight and not give up so easily.But it seems everything is a big ordeal to me,even just the housework.

Sorry it's so long guys.
    Any advice or suggestions would be great
    thanks
    IrishPrincess xxx

Re: Why Am I Finding It So Hard

Hello Irish Princess....what a lovely name!!!

This happens. We experience setbacks. You've been through a rough period and it's left you feeling tired and drained. When we feel like that we can't summon the energy to fight it so become depressed because we feel trapped.

Make sure you get some good sleep to build your energy levels then look at your options. If you're still having problems with the neighbour, perhaps a way to tackle them via the council, another move or another visit to hypnotherapy just to get you through this.

You've managed to get through it before so you know it's possible. You're a fighter! You just need to regain your strength first.

If it's any consolation, we had a neighbour from hell just at the time I was really ill. I tried diplomacy but in the end had to involve the council and eventually moved so I understand how you're feeling.

Hi Irish Princess,

I'm going through a similar thing. I don't know how to explain it, but for me it seemed things were really on the up, so when something happened that knocked me back the effect was very scary and my depression increased. I have been told by professional mental health people that recovery isn't a straight up road, there are dips, and really that is life isn't it? However when our strength and reserves are low the slightest thing can seem overwhelming.

Power and Assertiveness.

If you've spoken to the neighbour and got nowhere then now comes the consequeces bit. Involve people who will help support you and help resolve the situation. The council, GP etc... Then you take back your power. It won't be an immediate happy pill, but gradually your energy should return. I can't say if your depressed or not, but you sound down, so its not going to hurt to see your GP.

Things will be OK I'm sure. good luck.

Hi Irish ,

I dont Know if this will help sweetie, sometimes when we feel as you do everything seems soo hard and we are unable to break things down into the things we should be doing because there seems so damn much of it, it all seems too overwhelming so we dont Know where to start.

Can I suggest that You start a diary like so many people on here are doing, it doesnt have to be all doom and gloom but you could write things down that you manage to do in your day, You could also write down things that you would like to be able to do, and work towards doing them, So perhaps you could set yourself 2 or 3 small goals a week so that you work on them and then move forward to other things that you would like to do ..

The goals could be anything such as . tidy the house , clean the car , go to the shops ....... they dont have to be huge things

and i bet You will feel a whole lot better when you manage to tick of them goals that you acheived and make some more for the following weeks !!

Oh and your right about your relaxation it is essential and perhaps one of your first goals could be to make sure you do your relaxation 3 times a day.

Good luck sweetie

Michelle xxx
    But you try farting and see how much attention you get !!!

Hi Irish. I was doing fine until four years ago. A few things happened including a long haul flight and a relationship break up (which was temporary) and I think they triggered everything off again. Anyway I'm worse now than I ever was and Im taking a daily battering from panic and I'm finding it incredibly hard too.I don't know what I'm going to do. Sorry to be so negative but just wanted you to know you're not alone (if that helps)

Thanks a lot every1.The neighbour has moved since last year,but im moving house anyway,it will be a bigger mortgage but its a nicer area and its beside my sons school which is great because i'll be able to bring him to school again.

I'm seeing a counsellor now and im finding him great,i had been feeling a lot better and getting my sleep,but the last week i just havent been feeling great,i think it might be the thoughts of moving again.but once im in and settled,i can really start trying.

Michelle ur tips are great is there anything else i can do?At least when im feeling more up to it,i can get stuck in.And it is good to know im not alone.

My Dear Irish,

Hello there, I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I hope that you really try Michelles advice, that is what I am currently doing. An I can tell you that it is helping. The diary seems hard at first but give it a try, you will then see patterns and situation that are causing you grief.Also how is your diet at the moment and your sleep?

Irish, I am also wondering if the move next week it's weighing you down. Moving is the pitts, and you may just be run down.

I too feel run down, don't give up, you can beat this Irish as we all will. You know that you are a great and caring person, also that you are a great parent. Don't let this cold and hard world take you under, you belong on top like the rest of us.

An yes think about what you told me, I think that will also help you alot hun.

Take some time for yourself this weekend and enjoy it. Please know that I am here for you. You are such a great friend, and I miss all your singing.
    Hang in there and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Take Care
    Believe

I Believe That We All Will Get Better In Time!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Irish ,

There are lots you can do to help yourself sweetie as i say we all carry the key to our own recovery, check out the sticky I did under anxiety lots of tips there, As believe said keep a good diet and remember additional vitamins will help too ,

If there is anything more specific I can help you with sweetie JUST SHOUT ,

Lots of Love

Michelle

xxxx
    But you try farting and see how much attention you get !!!

Hi Irish,
    just remember your not on your own. Keep fighting it and dont let it get you down, I know its hard. Take care.

love Mags xxxxxxxxxx

Hi Irish Princess,
    I tried to return to work 3 times after long term absences due to depression an d anxiety, and each time it was harder. I think its harder to cope when it comes back because we feel so great that we have overcome the problems that we had and then bang its back again and we have to fight again. Hope that you have the strenghth to get through it Irish,
    TC xxxxxxxx

Thread Information