Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Medication

Medication

To cut it short i started to suffer from anxiety about 2 1/2 years ago and at the beginning was housebound for 6months because the dizzyness was so bad, i started on 1 80mg la propranolol a day and that calmed me down because i became a nervous wreak within a few weeks. That gave me the strenth to be able to fight most of the other symptoms, i rarely get the dizzyness, jelly legs, feeling unreal and all that however when anxious or meeting new people i sometimes mostly get tremors in my stomach which i hate hate hate lol they originate from the stomach area i think and can look like i'm shaking like i'm cold, i only get these when anxious around people or when shopping sometimes. Its like i get a huge adrenaline rush but the propranolol is trying to block it and it causes the tremors.

I feel like i'm 80% recovered but i am no longer progressing, if i could feel comfortable around new people or in certain situations i feel like i would have my life back. I also am suffering some depression i think and have for a while, i'm thinking of asking my doctor for Cipralex, if they can help my symptoms then that would be the crutch i need to get my life back, what do you think? and what are your expierences with Cipralex?

The propranolol certainly helps, i think without that i would be shaking out of shops lol but it dosn't stop it completely and i feel like a dose increase wouldn't but u never know, ive been on 80mg for 2 years, what dose are u on?

Re: Medication

Did i waffle on to much lol was expecting at least 1 reply...

I havent tried that a/d . I have tried the propranalol and it gives me a slight headache sometimes , so if i do take it i stick at a low dose.

why are you interested in one certain type or a/d ?
    Have you heard good things about it ?

Just to let you know i went doctors today and was given Cipralex and also some Diazepan for the side effects but i probably will not touch the diaz. Going to start taking the Cipralex on Sunday after i have recovered from my birthday tomorrow lol

Good luck with the cipralex.
    Don’t worry too much about using the diazepam, you might need it and as long as you are only taking it for a short period of time you’ll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nel View Post
    Good luck with the cipralex.
    Don’t worry too much about using the diazepam, you might need it and as long as you are only taking it for a short period of time you’ll be fine.
    I think it's very good of your GP to actually prescribe a very short course of Diazepam with your new meds as so many won't do that these days. As Nel correctly says taking them for a very short period of time and just when you need them rather than regularly means there is no danger of you becoming addicted. I think it's all about weighing up the pros and cons of treatment personally. If the Cipralex do give you the side effect of increased anxiety, which some SSRI's certainly seem do, then a few Diazepam will help rather than hinder you.

Its Sunday and its the start of my medication now ive sobered up. I have just took 2.5mg, i am going to take 2.5mg for 4 days and then increase to 5mg which i will remain at.

Hopefully the side effects should be minimal from this dosage, i will keep everyone informed on any side effects i notice and also when they start working.

Day 3 already and i have now upped to 5mg which is the dose i will be remaining at unless they don't kick in at that dose. So far ive only noticed i'm more tired than usual and also feel more edgy at times throughout the day but i have also come of my nicotine patches now so its hard to know what side effects are coming from where. I wasn't really expecting any sides from 2 days at 2.5mg anyway.

Day five and i think i am coming down with a cold, my third in the last 2 months. The tiredness is still very much there and its becoming a struggle to motivate myself to do anything, if i sit down for more than 10mins i could stay there all day. No increase in anxiety but i'm to tired to feel it if there was anyway. Only other things ive noticed which may not be related are for the past few days i have been waking up with a dead arm and ive also been spaced out although not so much today. Hopefully the tiredness will begin to pass in a few days, i think that fact i'm coming down with a cold and also i came of my nicotine patches have added to it.

Day 7 and the tiredness seems to be passing now, i noticed i have a strong heartbeat at night but nothing of concern and also i'm more jumpy than usual. I still keep waking up with a dead left arm for some reason.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information