Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Returning To Work

Returning To Work

I HAVE HAD A CHAT WITH MY BOSS TODAY ABOUT RETURNING TO WORK PART TIME I AM VERY SCARED I HAVE GENERAL ANXIETY AND PANIC AND DEPRESSION I KNOW ON THE DAYS LEADING UP TO MY RETURN ILL GO TO PIECES I HAVE BEEN OFF WORK FOR 5 WEEKS NOW AND I AM CONCERNED THAT THINGS WILL FEEL STRANGE AND ILL BE SLOW AT MY JOB OR FORGOT WHAT TO DO OR PEOPLE WILL NOTICE I AM NOT MYSELF I NEED YOUR SUPPORT GUYS I AM ANXIOUS ALREADY AND I MITE NOT BE GOING BACK THIS WEEK FOR CERTAIN YET

THANKS FOR READING THIS

Re: Returning To Work

your get there just take it slow.your doing great to return to work .1 step forward x

Thanks Jane Hope I Get More Than 1 Reply Some People Get 10000 Not Being Gready Or Anything I Appriciate Your Comments But Wud Like Lots Of Opinions Thanks Again

For me getting back into work has always been the scariest bit for me. never actually thought id do it after being out of work for a year but i did go back to work part time last april and i felt amazing for doing it. im not working right now as you know we have ups and downs jus dnt feel quite strong enough yet but i know i will. theres nothing i can say to make u feel better except i know how u feel ur not alone. but we have more strength than we realise im sure u will do great. good luck

Sarah x

Hi there, i am very scared too!
    I should go back on the 1st November, i know that the doc will want to sign me off again for another 1 or 2 months, but i will not get any money to pay the mortgage so i have no choice but go back. I am convinced that i will walk in, go funny and have to walk back out. I have a very stressful job, nursing in a gp surgery and i have been off for the past 5 months. I think, looking back now, i was doing well up until 6 weeks ago when my dad died suddenly in my arms, so now i am ten times worse than i was before!!
    So we are in the same boat really, i have PTSD, panic and anxiety, i do not take any meds at all, i see a counsellor for CBT but i don't think it is helping yet.
    I know that this hasn't helped you or answered you at all, but i just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in this and i am feeling scared now just thinking about going back.x

thanks bubbly i appriciate that and i love your quote dont look were you fall but were you slipped take care

angie
    I

have a very similar job to you lets just say its in a surgery too not a gp one thow and i know what surgeries are like especially NHS ones the word starts with a big S for stressful ,
    so sorry to hear about your dad and thanks for your kind words of support hope you get on ok WE CAN DO IT i know we can weve spent half our lives there

GOODLUCK

don't stress about it. i know its silly but I think the best way for you to go back to work is to worm you way back in. by that I mean start off by one or two hours a day...then go to 4 or 5 hours....right up to a full day

then it wont be more of a shock for you. see how you go...good luck.

I was off work for six weeks due to having a panic attack in the night. Luckily my company is really good and I have for the past three weeks just done two days a week and will then work up to 3 then 4 but only doing part-time hours, I appreciate you may need to do more due to having bills etc to pay but you need to get used to a whole new routine of working again and being somewhere at a set time.

Hope it all goes well

Banana

I started working last week after stopping work 8 years ago when I first got agoraphobia and I was amazed at how easier it was than what I thought it would be. I thought i would panic and run out but although I've felt my anxiety rising I've stuck with it and I feel better for doing so.
    I hope you get on ok (I'm sure you will)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information