Page 108 of 110 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110 LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1091

Thread: Gardening Thread

Re: Gardening Thread

Just watching an article on the tv regarding how we should look after slugs. RHS say we should treat them as friends rather than enemies. Apparently they enrich soil and clear debris. Hmmmm remind me of that when they are eating my beans.

Ghost…Spillways

They love a bean or two darksky and the leaves.
    Personally I find them gross and very greedy!
    You can steer them away from your precious flowers and plants with copper tape. Put them on all my pots this year.

Ladies, dig a small pond. Frogs will find it in no time. They will then spawn and you'll soon have your own resident population. They search on land for food during the hours of darkness, just the time when slugs are active. You can see where this is going.

I don't have the masses of molluscs I used to. Some yes but a natural balance has been restored. I've just got off the phone to Sir David and he said 'you tell 'em fishman'. So there you go, on the highest authority. Spades and shovels at the ready

I love ponds fishman and there just ain't the room.
    I also don't think my landlord would be best pleased.
    I'll have to stick with the birdbath I made.

I saw a great idea of turning hanging baskets in to outdoor garden lights. It's so simple, just get a set of fairy lights with a timer and entwine. Then place them where you want with the base sticking out like a shade.

Sometimes, apples make me feel sick.

I do love fruit, though.

I just moved into a new house and am excited to finally have a garden space to call my own. It's looking a bit bare now, so I'm searching for some garden furniture to add.
    Since my garden isn't big, I'm thinking of going with this 4-seater rattan dining set. And rattan is easy to maintain, so that's a plus for me.
    I'm still not decided so I'm open to your suggestions and recommendations. If you could show off your furniture, that'd be great.
    Last edited by andrewy01; 25-03-24 at 10:29.

I have a yard so I have a small 2 seater bench and loads of pots.

It was dry here yesterday so now my exam is over I spent a couple of hours sweeping up and cutting some plants back. It felt wonderful!

A homemade garden planter, thrown together this afternoon. Some headstands are required as ever IMG_0676.jpg IMG_0677.jpg IMG_0678.jpg IMG_0679.jpg IMG_0680.jpg IMG_0681.jpg IMG_0682.jpg IMG_0683.jpg

I'm sorry to hear that Peter though am pleased you like fruit. I do too and eat a lot of it.

andrewy01, that looks a fancy set of chairs and table to grace any garden. Did you buy it?

How are your pots coming along Catkins? I like to have a few too, probably too many. Have you managed to get out in your yard lately?

All that Lilac Fishman. So lucky. I love the smell of lilac but we lost all our bushes. I suppose they reached their allotted age. Same with our honeysuckle that roamed from tree to tree.

You have a real cottage garden. Just my sort of thing.

Ghost…Spillways

Page 108 of 110 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110 LastLast

Thread Information