Thread: heart flutters followed by a stabbing chest pain

heart flutters followed by a stabbing chest pain

ive posted on here before about chest pain.but this pain ive been getting for a few days is different well ive been getting a few flutters in my chest and shortly after that i will get this sharp pain in my chest it dosent last it just comes and goes but ive noticed after that im short of breath and my vision goes blury its quite scairy and im so convinced that this time there really is something wrong my jaw is aching and pains down my left arm these are all the signes of a heart attack ur heart problems i just carnt belive the futters and then this sharp pain after them does anyone else have these sharp pains that just shoot right thru the chest so severe that you clutch your chest with fright ooh please is this more than just anxiety

Re: heart flutters followed by a stabbing chest pain

I used to get this up until recently. It comes and goes with me. I had an ECG and it came up clear and fine which i was quite relieved about. I think its almost certainly anxiety from worrying about it too much.

I know its hard to do but try to think to yourself everytime it happens that its just your mind making this happen.

If your really concerned just take a trip to your gp and they will be able to clear up any worries you have

Stacey =]

Re: heart flutters followed by a stabbing chest pain

Hi Miss Motown,

Random guess here..Think back about what you ate in the past few hours or drank for that fact..

Also something else to think about.. Which way have you been sitting?
    Unusual postition? Maybe perhaps lifted something heavy or twisted in a certain way that you don't usually?

Did you eat something that could make your heart flutter..chocolate? Sweets? Did you drink alcohol prior to this? Did you eat something spicy?

Is is posible that perhaps you ate something different or spicy that caused your heart to flutter and maybe hours before lifted something that may have caused the sharp pains in your arms ..Tenshion straining your cheek or jaws from clenching up in pain in your chest perhaps causing your jaw to hurt..and maybe gas causing your to have a sharp pain in your chest?

Or on the other hand it could all be anxiety but as I live in breathe I really don't think its anything out of the unusual.People with really bad heart attacks as you just described don't usually feel like typing on the computer.

I would say unless it happened over and over for a few hours or a day ..I wouldn't worry to much about it and just chauk it off to anxiety or body strain or something that didn't agree with you.

I have had many such episodes in my life time ,most gas, or eating too much choolate or smoking too much or too much coffee or maybe I picked up something heavy or twisted in a way that my body wasn't used to and forgot... till I felt pain and such. I think you are proabably fine and nothing to worry about..

Take care and try not to worry..I think you are probably fine and its a combination reaction and anxiety..

Thread Information