Thread: seen the doc this morning

seen the doc this morning

Went to see him and he more or less laughed at me! I said i had PTSD and he asked why? I told him and he just looked at me and said i can't believe the hospital has diagnosed you with PTSD just because of THAT!! I just looked at him and said i have been suffering with it for three years. He just said oh well then. I told him i lost my dad 6 weeks ago and my father in law on Sunday, he sat back and giggled to himself and said oh right!
    I asked his advice and he said if you can work then work, if you can't then i will give you a sick note. I started to break down and he said do you want a sick note and i just nodded. He has given me 4 weeks off so now i feel even more guilty and i won't be able to pay the mortgage. I will have to go to CAB tomorrow for advice on what i can get and they should help me fill in the forms too. I just feel like i can't cope and am going to die. I feel so awful whenever i have to go anywhere, i am shaking all over about having to go out as if my legs won't hold me and i am getting hot and cold shivers all over. Feeling very cloudy and not with it, very foggy and as if i'm not really here. I hate feeling this bad and this ill but i seem to be getting worse with the symptoms and feelings. After i had been in the doc's it was if i hadn't been and couldn't remember going really, i know all this is normal but i am feeling this bad all day every day and it is driving me berserk.

Re: seen the doc this morning

Hi sweetie

I know exactly how you are feeling, the feelings are horrible i know but they will pass given time. Some doctors are so hopeless i reckon. I think its very hard to find a really good one and if you do you can't get in to see them for ages anyway.
    I'm sure you will be able to get some help whilst you're off sick so i'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Please try to relax (easier said than done i know). Take care and i'll be thinking of you (you are not alone)

Take care
    Tracy

Re: seen the doc this morning

Don't be so hard on yourself Angie, you have been through alot lately and it is bound to catch up with you. I think that some doctors have such a terrible approach to problems like ours when all we really need is a little care and assurance. I hope you can find the help you need whilst off sick and send you lots of hugs and good wishes, things will get better be kind to yourself and accept that having two deaths in the family in such a short time is alot for you to deal with.

Take care of yourself things will get better

Love
    Carol
    xxxxx

Thread Information