Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your blood pressure?

What is your blood pressure?

I thought since this is my biggest obsession I would ask others and see where I fit in with mine.
    On meds mine is usually under 110/70 but goes up at times.

Re: What is your blood pressure?

That is a perfect blood pressure reading

Mine is higher and I am on medication for it.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Alison

My blood pressure flucuates, my highest reading been 152/97 while my lowest is around 110/63, im not taking meds as my high readings are always when i am understress e.g visiting the doctors surgery, my lowest reading was taken at home.

Andrea
    xxxxx

My blood pressure on meds is usually around 130/80 at home, but alot higher at the docs and when I'm not on meds. I'm having problems with the side effects of meds, can't seem to find anything that doesn't give me side effects. Haven't tried everything yet, but lots of things give me side effects, so I may have to live with it.
    110/70 is fine, do you really need the meds?

I am not really sure if I still need the meds. I was on 4 and am now on 2. It was high blood pressure that I developed postpartum so we arent 100% sure if it is going to go away or not. It was in the 200/100 after I had my baby.

Thanks for those who answered.

mine is usually 115/65 - quite low apparently but it has been higher at times. i think "normal" is 120/80?

Mine is the same as catttt and honeybee3939 - I even bought a monitor to use at home (cos I get all unecessary at the surgery) but the novelty soon wore off and now I hardly ever bother with it.

Yours sounds just grand!!!

Piglet

My reading was 170/100 two weeks ago when the GP's nurse took it. I was supposed to go back and get it read again a few days later but I haven't yet. I suppose I had better. I know my GP will strap that 24 hour BP monitor on me though! I take 50mg atenolol daily. I was giving diuretics but how can ANYONE take them? I lived on the loo for a week! I am very blase about physical problems. I just want to sort out the ones between my ears!

Ellen

once (last year ) I took mine and it said

89/55 , and it was stange cos I was really really dizzy.

But usually its around 112/70 , which is good , but just lately its risen to

120/85 , dont know why ?

Since my op i get really obsessed with my blood pressure. I do take it too often and my councellor has said that i am allowed to take it once a day only, at night just before bed. But i must admit, and i have told her this, that if i feel funny then i do take it just to be sure.
    Mine is usually fine and on occasions it has been up. But i worry more i think when it is low. My ears are terrible and i get all sorts going on, buzzing and ringing etc, so when they start really bad i get panicky as this is what happened to me on the operating table and i feel like i am going to pass out, so i take my bp for reassurance. I know i shouldn't do.
    I have got really scared with my bp, the lowest it has ever been was 98/51 and i got so freaked out by it i was in a sweat and a panic and everything. I worried about it non stop for two weeks. I did it again straight after and it was 100/61 so that didn't help much either.
    I took it earlier and it was 104/61 and i was just sitting quite relaxed, but my ears are bad today. But that bp is ok, i am fine with that, it is when it goes down to the 50's that i panic with it.x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information