Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what tests have you had done ?

what tests have you had done ?

Thinking about all this , I realised that I am forever searching for what is wrong with me , and wondered how many people on here have had loads of tests ?

I have had ,

mamogram.
    colonoscopy.
    thyroid.
    caloric test for balance.
    brain stem test (using head phones).

and Im about to have ,
    a hormone test and
    hopefully a anemia test .

would like to have ..........

a MRI scan of my brain. ( blood leaks in my family)

and a full and complete heart check. ( in my family)

Re: what tests have you had done ?

Hi Mirry,
    What are we like!
    I have had
    numerous ECG's, treadmill stress test, MRI scan, CT scan, too many blood tests to mention, Endoscopy, Gaulbladder scan in 2 weeks, and angiogram in 4 weeks.
    Just reading this, I feel like a hypochondriac!! as all the tests done so far have been normal.
    Surely my brain and common sense should tell me that I AM ok lol

I'm a coward when it comes to tests Over the years the only tests I've had done are blood tests any other tests I've always cancelled because I'm too scared of what they'll find. xxx

Mandy xx

"DILLIGAF"

Hi Mirry,

I've had an endoscopy, a mole removed from my lower forearm, numerous blood tests, referrals to the breast clinic, tests for my balance, god knows how many eye tests lost count. I would like to have a colonoscopy done but i'm too scared also some heart tests as my mum has had a stroke.
    Its scarey when you see it in black & white in front of you but good to know that other peeps are the same as well!!!!!!!!!!!!

xx

yes what are we like , but if we felt fine then we wouldnt be looking for answers would we. Maybe we are the ones who just cant accept its just plain old anxiety ? They do say acceptance is the key .

I have had plenty of full blood counts (due to iron problems mainly), fertitin checks every 3 mths for the last year or so, CT scan of sinuses, liver, kidney, cholesterol & thyroid blood tests oh and ear pressure test.

I think thats me;-)

You know it's got me thinking Mirry, from reading posts, we've all had various tests done and the results have been normal for us all. I'm wondering if we won't be happy until we have a test which is positive. BUT if that happened, instead of being relieved that finally someone had pinpointed a problem, we would DEFINITELY panic because we would be absolutely convinced that it would be something really sinister and that the worst was DEFINITELY going to happen. I'm chuckling to myself now, we as panickers are so hard to please lol
    Again what ARE we like lol
    xxxxxxxxxxx

thats true elly ,

maybe tho if we got a test come back as incorrect then we would be so happy and say "I told you something was wrong " ,lol.

Must admit , we will be then be looking for the next thing maybe .

But what happen in our lifes to make us this way in the first place ?

I always think my mother talked about my nans cancer alot thru my childhood , infact nearly every day it was , shes going to see if the cancer growths are coming back in her bladder , shes going in to get more treatment , now shes got cancer in her womb, now shes got cancer in her spine .......and her sisters now got cancer , and your cousins got lukemia and on and on it goes ........actually thinking about it , its quite sad, I really believe this effected me alot , and the final thing was when my auntie died from a brain hemorrage in her early 40s.
    Did you hear many bad things when you were young ?

I never had any tests until this year (first panic attack) so far I have had 2 ECGs, spirometry for asthma, two women type ones and soon a sigmoidoscopy (camera in backside wish me luck ). Also this year had first sight test since I was a child (in 30s now).

Several eye tests, several full blood counts, hiv, several ultrasound scans for bladder, ovaries and kidneys and (I'm really ashamed about this one) when I was pregnant with my first baby I had 6 ultrasound scans I've wasted the nhs money.
    Mirry you're right, when I look back my mum was very health conscious and used to talk about health issues A HELL OF A LOT, but she wasn't anxious about stuff.
    My dad on the other hand isn't at all health conscious but is very anxious indeed.
    Guess what traits I've inherited! Lucky me!
    Last edited by Toffeeapple; 07-11-07 at 13:28.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information