Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eye pains and ache

eye pains and ache

hi everyone, i have getting aches and pains in and around my eyes for weeks now and i had my eyes tested on friday, no tumours were picked up or anything but i did need glasses, however i am still getting the aches and pains in and around my eyes, there not as bad but there still there, today i have a headache as well. i'm slightly concerned that i didn't mention any of my symptoms to optition because i thought brain tumours would be picked up anyway, however now i'm not so sure. what do you think?
    please please reply
    Luv Louise x

Re: eye pains and ache

Hi Louise

Do you have the glasses now and wearing them?

When I first got glasses for driving it took me a while to get used to them so maybe in a few days things will settle down.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Louise,

Like we talked about, if the optician had thought it something more than eye strain he would have referred you, also you have only collected your glasses today so you do need to give your eyes a chance to get used to them.

Love

Trac xxx
    People change, Things go wrong,
    I just remembered...Life Goes On

I'm really sorry to hear about your pains, I haven't really got an answer I'm afraid, I've never had pains in both my eyes just one a few years ago and I got really worried but it went away.
    I had a friend who used to get headaches and when she had them she had pains inside her eyes as well but she didn't have a tumour I think she had had tests done.
    The other person is my dad, he got that at one point and he went to the doctor as it was quite severe (he almost never goes to the doctor normally so it must have been painful) but it was nothing in the end. My dad thinks he gets that when the weather's bad. A bit like arthritis.
    Sorry I couldn't help any more. Take care I'm sure you don't have a tumour.

yes i know i have only picked up my glasses today. but because of the health anxiety, i keep thinking maybe they missed something. and the more i worry, the worst the symptoms will get. but i have been more relaxed lately, since my eye test, is worrying enough to create symptoms?
    please reply
    Luv louise

Yes Louise it is - that is why they call it Health Anxiety.

The more you worry the worse you get I am afraid - you must learn to chill and calm down and accept that you are not dying of a brain tumour ok?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

okay i will try my best and hopefully i can get better soon.

i get these pains all the time wen im stressed. and i have health anxiety. ive convinced myself ive had a brain tumour for the past 6 years, and ive had the pains longer than that. im starting to believe i havent got a tumour now and im alot calmer and the pains are few and far between now. if i really did have a tumor im sure i would of died years ago. its just stress. xxx

Hi

I think its very reassuring that the optician found all to be well

They can tell so much from your eyes

I have had awful eye pain for more than 6 months in one eye so I know how you feel

Hope you feel better soon

H x

have you considered it could be your sinuses , especially at moment as its quite cold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information