Thread: Temazepam

Temazepam

Hi

Has anyone taken Temazepam for sleeping.... if so did you have any side effects did you experience and what dose did you take?

any feedback I would really appreciate.

Thanks

Tarsh

Re: Temazepam

My advice is steer clear. I took temazepam, at a starting dose of 10mg, then I couldnt sleep again so I went up to 20mg, then 40mg, then 60mg which is a massive dose, and was on that for years. It has taken me 9 monthds to taper by switching to diazepam and reducing by 1 mg a week.

Benzo's are OK as a short term low dose, but it doesnt always stay low dose or short term!

Hello.

I had Temazepam 10mg years ago to help with sleeping. I think I only took them 5 or 6 times, but they did help and, apart from feeling a bit tired the next day, I didn't have any side effects.

I'd definitely listen to what Bear said though - Benzo's are very easy to become dependant on, and you can also become tolerant very quickly so you keep on needing a higher dose to get the same effect.

There's no need to be scared of them - just be careful and don't take them for any longer than you need to. You may find that just a few nights with Temazepam helps re-set your body clock and you won't need any more.

Good luck xxx

I have occasionally used them over past 20 years if I have been having a bad spell of not sleeping. My Dr was happy to prescribe them if I was only taking them once a week to get a good nights sleep so I could only have one prescription every 6 months! He said just having one good nights sleep a week is better for you and there was no way I could get addicted.

I find that getting to sleep is very psychological unless its certain times of my cycle when its hormonal but I know that is waht it is and only last a couple of nights. Sometimes I could break a tablet into 4 and one tiny bit would send me to boboland but when really stressed and panicking I could take two tablets and still be wide awake.

The occasional tablet maybe once or twice a week will do you no harm but you have to be very very aware that anything more than that and you could have problems

Thank you so much for your replies......

Tarsh

Thread Information