So, I get my biopsy results from cells taken from inside my womb and everyone said you'll be fine, it's just routine (and amazingly for the first time ever I believed it!) and guess what? The results were NOT fine. I have abnormal cells that "need to be dealt with" and they "are not cancer yet". Now I have two choices - a hysterectomy or to tablets for 6 weeks and then a further operation to take a biopsy again to see if they have gone - if they have then I would need the same operation every year to check they hadn't come back and if they haven't gone I would need a hysterectomy anyway.

I feel caught between a rock and a hard place. This is all of my worse nightamares coming true. I am almost certain that I am going to have a hsyterectomy as I can't face the thought of a time bomb sitting inside me. However I am devastated.

There is no explanation for why this should happen to me at my age (40) except being a bit overweight or just unlucky but I can't help thinking that I have done this to myself with all of my worrying. Over the last two years I have imagined a whole load of "diseases" that I thought I would die from (haven't we all) but I have been feeling so, so much better lately and have felt that I was getting over the worst of y health anxiety and coping with it better.

I am very scared about the op and would be grateful to hear from anyone who has been through it to put my mind at rest at bit.