Thread: Advice needed

Advice needed

Hi,

I've not had a very good day today and feel a bit deflated. I have recently had a lot of time of work not sick but took the odd day holiday cause I've been getting quite panicky and wanted to go home today my boss had a bit of a moan at me so we spoke about it and i told her that a lot of the reason is anxiety and depression she has made me feel quite bad cause i told her that i'm recently starting cbt and she said she hopes it works as its the last hope now i'm worrying if it dont work there is nothing left for me she cant really understand me cause sometimes i ooze confidence (her words not mine) and can be outgoing but other times i just want to sit at home and not go out clubbing she says its not normal which i do know but it really has made me feel bad about myself . Just wanted some adivce really .

Lisa

hi Lisa,

Lots of people who don't suffer from anxiety find it very difficult to understand. It is normal that you are up and down. CBT has worked for loads of people and I am on a waiting list for it at the moment. Don't let the fact that your boss doesn't understand you let you think that you are beyond hope because that is simply not true!!

Sarah

Hiya Lisa,

Dont be scared in case the CBT doesnt make you feel better. There are lots of other sources of help to try, and of course there is that great healer...time.
    My dad informed me the other day that he had had this illness when he was 28 yrs old, 40 years ago. There was very little help around then. They offered him medication, but he threw them away because they didnt help. He cured himself eventually. It took him 2 and a half years, but he did it.
    So Lisa, if everything else did fail, remember you still have the power of your mind and time there to help you. You will recover eventually, with or without CBT
    Hope this helps you,
    Jude x

hi im sure the cbt will at least go some way to helping you i think there is an ongoing posting on here where someone is telling how its going for her (could be maxine) but dont let any one tell you what is or isnt normal any way we all have days where were outgoing and the others where we just want to curl up and stay home every one is different im sure you will be ok

fan x

Loulou,

How dare she - 'she said she hopes it works as its the last hope' and what does she know about it ??

Also who is she to decide whats normal for someone ?? Take no notice of her judgemental attitude . You continue doing whats best for your recovery and ignore her.

She's completely out of order HR wise for passing comment on your health anyway without being asked to.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Hi Lisa

Just like everyone else has said - don't listen to your boss! Look at it this way, who knows most about PA/Anxiety do you think, her or the people here??

Not much of a contest is it!?

There's no 'last resort' or 'last hope.' All kinds of approaches work for different people and the good news about this nasty condition is that it does respond well to all kinds of approaches and treatment. Advances in medicine and knowledge are being made at an exponential rate.

I know it's hard but try to put this conversation/observation behind you. Do what feels right for you and do not let anyone put you under any pressure to do what you don't want to do. You'll be fine and will come out of this, it takes time and effort and it doesn't help having people who don't understand putting pressure and misplaced opinions on you!

So, nuts to your boss and keep on getting better with all of us!

Good luck and good health

J

Thread Information