Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Face doesn't fit?

Re: Face doesn't fit?

Munki, I don't really know how I embraced it. Initially I guess I cut down on going and socializing due to anxiety. But even when I felt ok and went out I'd come home and just felt a bit "meh". Friends had changed over the years (or maybe I had changed in the way I thought about things ?) , most becoming more materialistic or constantly bragged about their gifted kids etc. and the same happened all over Facebook. I just found other ways to spend my time. I love a good novel and would much rather sit and read than be out socializing just because it's what society seems to think we should do. You always hear " humans are social creatures " etc..Maybe all those articles are written by extroverts who bounce off each other and have more energy after interactions. I'm the opposite. I feel drained after a few hours of socializing and then need to recharge in my own little bubble. I've been off Facebook for 3 months now and feel so much better for it. My real friends still message me and chat. I used to spend many hours a day on Facebook so it was also a huge time suck. I just feel so much happier now just dealing with my own family and close friends. We have a lot of pets too so I never feel lonely and life just feels calmer. I didn't realise how much info and drama I was absorbing scrolling scrolling scrolling through Facebook. Even the news pages and getting sucked into reading all the comments and then feeling annoyed haha. We live on a big bush block, neighbours are lovely but we don't see that much of each other, I work from home, life just feels peaceful. Maybe I'm just getting old

Re: Face doesn't fit?

What a great way of looking at it! I always think theres something wrong with me, especially when friends mention drinks and evenings and pubs! I assume I'm weird and abnormal rather than leaning into it! I speak to and message friends all the time. I wondr if perhaps I've outgrown my tribe, so to speak. I love having stolen conversations with people that get all deep and meaningful. Thats when I'm at my happiest! Friendships seem to contain a lot of baggage that I'm not very comfortable with. xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information