Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sertraline dosage

Re: Sertraline dosage

Back again!

Couple of weeks ago, some stressful stuff was going in for work (I was applying for a promotion I wasn't sure I wanted), and I had what I can only describe as a 'flash' of anxiety.
    My sleep was disturbed for a couple of nights, but only other issue was a bit of edginess, which came and went.
    It has since got worse, with low-level anxiety alot of the time, and sleep not going well. Nowhere near as bad as last time, but there nonetheless.
    So my question is- could this be a need to increase dosage again (max for these is 200mg daily)? FWIW, I was on the max dose for Citalopram.
    Or, is it just a flash/ blip and I need to tough it out?
    I wasn't shortlisted for the promotion, so that stress has gone, although I am a bit pissed off!
    Also interesting that it seems to follow an annual pattern- always mid November... just coincidence? I think so, but not sure!

Thoughts welcome!

Many thanks,

Alex.

Re: Sertraline dosage

Quote Originally Posted by apm View Post
    So my question is- could this be a need to increase dosage again (max for these is 200mg daily)? FWIW, I was on the max dose for Citalopram.
    Or, is it just a flash/ blip and I need to tough it out?
    I, sadly, can't predict the future, Alex, but 'blips', or just the ups and downs of life happen. Everyone gets anxious on occasions and seeking a job promotion can be such an occasion. If it continues and is significantly impacting your life then upping the sertraline dose may be warranted.

Also interesting that it seems to follow an annual pattern- always mid November... just coincidence? I think so, but not sure!
    How long does this last?

Is there anything significant about mid November in your past that could be putting you on edge albeit sub consciously? Or might it be the shorter hours of daylight? Sometimes a vitamin D supplement helps, but this can be hit and miss. Light therapy is another option.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information