Thread: Legs

Legs

Hi everyone I’ve been on and off of here for years. I have had my anxiety under control for a long time. Wondering if anyone could give me some input. About two months ago I started a new job which was a lot of walking and lifting. I would be exhausted when finishing and when I would go into a store and stand in line I would feel like I was unsteady and needed to lean on something or sit down. It would feel like I was gonna fall over. I would get thru it and forget about it. Fast forward to the new year…I ended up with cOvid the first week of January and ever since i have been having anxiety and fatigue through the roof. The past week I’ve been handling it better and getting back out and doing things but I am still noticing if I am standing still sometimes I get this sudden urge that I need to sit or lean on something to hold me up even when I’m not feeling anxious. It’s driving me crazy trying to figure out what is causing it. Can anyone relate to something like this?

Re: Legs

Of course you could still be feeling the after effects of Covid, but I have experienced something similar. When I started a new job (many, many years ago) there was one part of the job where I had to stand for maybe 40 minutes with little movement. I always went a bit waffy and unsteady, which made me anxious. I went to the doctor and he told me that it was due to my blood pressure dropping and that to stop it happening I needed to kind of walk on the spot to keep the blood pumping. I'm still in the same job and have to do the same thing every week, so now I automatically keep moving and I don't have the same problem.

Also incidentally, my blood pressure is often on the low side and when I was pregnant had to give up Tai Chi because whenever I stood doing it I went waffy/dizzy and had to sit down.

Did your legs ever hurt afterwards? I’m thinking my legs are hurting from tensing them up to make sure I stay steady. It doesn’t happen all the time either. I will have to try that loving in place thing

I think it could totally be discomfort from tensing them. It's like giving them a workout.

Keep your legs moving, do slow deep breaths and keep looking at stuff around you so that you don't focus in it.

I agree with Catkins.
    I get this quite a bit and it's more prominent on days I don't move about so much. Coupled with anxiety, I feel like my legs are going to buckle. I'm looking to lean, sit or move on. If I've been gardening then I seem much better.

Thread Information