Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tapering off after 7 weeks 7.5mg per day. All I read are horror stories..

Re: Tapering off after 7 weeks 7.5mg per day. All I read are horror stories..

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    It probably is. Mirtazapine is a powerful antihistamine and one of histamine's roles in the body is triggering muscle constriction and blood vessel dilation both of which were affected by mirtazapine and needsto adapt to its diminishing presence. Mirtazapine's effect on acetylcholine mediated muscle function will also be affected.

I think you could stop from 3.75mg with little if any withdrawal effects, however, psychology is at least as important as biology when quitting so go slower if it will ease your doubts. There isn't anyone awarding gold stars for fast tapers.
    quick update, I went from 3.75 (1 week) to 1.87 one week ago and from 1.87 to 0,90 last Friday. So far so good!

Btw, I still think the occasional twitching is a side effect since it started when I lowered the dose. It’s getting less annoying fortunately.

How long do side effects last on average?

That's one of those 'how long is a piece of string' type questions which can only be answered with, 'it depends', unfortunately. A magnesium supplement might calm the twitching.

That's one of those 'how long is a piece of string' type questions which can only be answered with, 'it depends', unfortunately. A magnesium supplement might calm the twitching.
    thanks. There are many types of magnesium I see. For example magnesium citrate and bisglycinate.
    Any idea which one is best for me to take?

And what do you think, is it "safe" to stop after 1 week of 1.0mg?
    Or shall I go even lower for another week.
    I don't feel that 1mg really does anything anymore by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by erik1979 View Post
    thanks. There are many types of magnesium I see. For example magnesium citrate and bisglycinate.
    Any idea which one is best for me to take?
    Both will be effective, however, the bisglycinate is less likely to cause diarrhoea.

And what do you think, is it "safe" to stop after 1 week of 1.0mg?
    I doubt you would have had any significant issues on quitting from 3.75mg. At least not because of chemistry, though psychology might have triggered 'pseudo' withdrawal effects.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information