Thread: Lexapro for health anxiety

Lexapro for health anxiety

I stopped taking Lexapro back in May because I didn't think it was helping me. Well, four months later, I think that maybe it was. My health anxiety has returned with a vengeance to the point I am barely functioning. Anyone had luck with Lexapro for health anxiety or just anxiety generally?

Re: Lexapro for health anxiety

No AD is intrinsically better than the others, either generally, or for a specific condition (though clomipramine and fluvoxamine for OCD may be the exceptions), however, one or two are likely to be for an individual. Unfortunately, there are no reliable tests to determine which will be the most effective med for you Olivia except trial and error. There is a very good chance that escitalopram will work well and it and the chemically similar citalopram are generally the best tolerated SSRIs.

Re: Lexapro for health anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    No AD is intrinsically better than the others, either generally, or for a specific condition (though clomipramine and fluvoxamine for OCD may be the exceptions), however, one or two are likely to be for an individual. Unfortunately, there are no reliable tests to determine which will be the most effective med for you Olivia except trial and error. There is a very good chance that escitalopram will work well and it and the chemically similar citalopram are generally the best tolerated SSRIs.
    Thank you!

Thread Information