Thread: Concern

Concern

I am 75 years old.I had my annual Blood test 5 weeks ago.Got a request to go for another,which has worried me a little,I did ask why,but the receptionist didn't have the answer.Anyone put my mind at rest please.

Re: Concern

I had the same this week and no idea what they want to repeat and why.

It could be one reading that is slightly out and will be fine the next time they test it so I wouldn't worry too much to be honest.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thankyou very much for your advice.I realise that I'm getting old,but every other test has said that I'm very healthy.so couldn't understand why the change this time.
    And admit that it has preyed on my mind.

It's not uncommon for doctors to request additional blood tests if they notice something abnormal or concerning in the initial results. This could be due to a number of factors, such as a change in your health status or medication, a potential health issue that needs to be monitored, or simply a need to confirm or rule out any initial findings.

It's also important to keep in mind that some blood tests require follow-up testing to ensure accuracy or to monitor changes over time. Therefore, it's possible that your doctor is simply following standard medical procedures and there may not be any cause for concern.

The best course of action would be to contact your doctor directly to inquire about the reason for the additional blood test. They will be able to provide you with more specific information regarding your individual case and address any concerns or questions you may have.

Thread Information