Thread: Vetivert

Vetivert

Something that I’ve found helpful but may not suit everyone is the aromatherapy oil called Vetivert. It’s strong stuff! It made me feel really calm, almost like floating on a cloud! It can make you feel so relaxed that you become very drowsy. Even the therapist said she felt drowsy herself just by using it for my massage.

Re: Vetivert

Thanks for that Bill, I think I maight give that a try myself,I'd rather try anything that isn't man made before the alternative.

I agree that Vetiver is very soporific and helped me sleep when nothing else did. Used in a massage it is remarkably effective

NB. It is a thick brown fluid and stains anything it comes into contact with.

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

Can you tell me where you get this from please? I'm willing to give it a go.

Meg, you said it stains so do you have to wear plastic gloves or something when massaging it?

Thanks

xxx
    If I could speak words of water,
    You would drown when I said
    "I love you."

Hi there,

I got some from the local chemists. I'd have thought you'd find it in most aromatherapy sections. It's just a small bottle and you mix just a few drops with almond oil (found in the same section) before massaging it in. The therapist who gave me my massage didn't wear gloves but I would guess that was because it had been mixed with the oil. I'm sure Meg will know.

There are various oils that help various conditions. A few drops of lavender on your pillow is supposed to help you sleep. Often an aromatherapist will go through them suggesting which to try. The only problem with these massages is the cost which is why it's been a long time since I had one.

Yeah, the costs add up I would imagine Bill!

Just thought I would get some for myself to try and take away some tension, lavendar on the pillow may be helpful too

Thanks xxxx
    If I could speak words of water,
    You would drown when I said
    "I love you."

Hi i practice alternative therapies, aromatherapy massage for sports injuries etc as a business from home now since the agoraphobia got worse.
    But oddly have never used Vetiver perhaps because of the staining it causes,
    However thanks Bill for recommending because i will try it myself with lavender to see if it helps when can't sleep
    Love Richie xxx

Thread Information