Thread: Bruised/tender aching sore spot left side of throat

Bruised/tender aching sore spot left side of throat

A few years ago I went to Dr’s as I had a ‘lump feeling’ in my throat. I had my bloods done and was diagnosed with ‘ globus hystericus’. I recovered from this, but last year became aware of what I describe as a ‘ tender spot’ in my throat on left side. I went to my Dr’s who checked my neck and ears etc. and said all appeared ok. I noticed some more tenderness a couple of weeks later and went back and was told still all ok. What has happened now over the last few weeks is I am aware of a debilitating tenderness which radiates from ear on left side to jaw and down left side of throat/neck. My dentist has also felt my neck for me and says all feels normal. I am an extremely anxious person and appear to have all the symptoms of Health Anxiety. I feel exhausted and stressed from the constant worry and aches I feel. It does subside at times when I am not prodding myself or continually thinking about it. Does anyone else have these symptoms? It’s so good if I don’t feel alone. Any constructive things I can do to break this cycle of constant worry would be so appreciated!

Re: Bruised/tender aching sore spot left side of throat

Hi. I'm sorry nobody has replied to you before now. Strangely, I have the very same issue this morning. I've been under huge stress since November and I hope mine is just yet another new symptom. I actually came on her today as I think I've had this before and wanted to look for a similar post that I remember describing the same thing we are both experiencing. How are you now?

Definitely think it’s stress-related as currently (touch wood), I’m not experiencing this symptom. However, I’ve found another issue to worry me! It’s just good to know you’re not alone for sure. Hope you’re managing ok.

Have got the symptoms again in my neck/side of throat and seems to ache in my ear. Sure it is stress as it has only just come back after a few months with nothing. Anyone else find these symptoms come and go?

Thread Information