Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Peregrine Nest (Live coverage)

Re: Peregrine Nest (Live coverage)

Could you describe that big bird Wired? If it's a bird of prey its likely a buzzard or kite. The main difference between those two in flight is the buzzard's tail is fan-shaped while the red kite's is forked.

Unless its a heron you're seeing. The long trailing legs will give him away.

You can also often hear raptors in flight, James. They have the most haunting call. It’s a definite cry, I could listen all day. Sometimes when they are in flight I park myself outside on the bench for ages, just listening and watching them. It funny how the pigeons take to the trees and hide. Can’t blame them.

Ghost…Spillways

Taken around 5 years ago and granted the quality is not great but still cool nonetheless..... A Barred Owl in a tree next to my vehicle when I was loading out from a show in the Shenandoah Park. It was a female and she had a young one nearby. She was making quite the fuss about me being there too!

Owl1.JPGOwl2.JPG

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Could you describe that big bird Wired? If it's a bird of prey its likely a buzzard or kite. The main difference between those two in flight is the buzzard's tail is fan-shaped while the red kite's is forked.

Unless its a heron you're seeing. The long trailing legs will give him away.
    It's a buzzard. I was trying to think of the name for it and when you said it I remembered. It comes out every summer, has done for the last 5 years at least. We live on a hill, and it circles the valley and we get a nice view of him/her.

You can also often hear raptors in flight, James. They have the most haunting call. It’s a definite cry, I could listen all day. Sometimes when they are in flight I park myself outside on the bench for ages, just listening and watching them. It funny how the pigeons take to the trees and hide. Can’t blame them.
    You've got dinosaurs where you live? Birds of prey are awesome. I didn't know the owl was classed as a BOP.

Taken around 5 years ago and granted the quality is not great but still cool nonetheless..... A Barred Owl in a tree next to my vehicle when I was loading out from a show in the Shenandoah Park. It was a female and she had a young one nearby. She was making quite the fuss about me being there too!
    How did you even spot that in the dark? That's cool the owl didn't fly away. I've never seen one in the wild in person. Where do they sleep in the winter because surely you'd see lots of them in the trees?

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post

You've got dinosaurs where you live?
    Yes we have actually. Many is the day I look out over the fields and see Chris Pratt careering around on his motorbike chasing down his pack of errant velociraptors or simply waving his hands around controlling these wild creatures with just a twitch of his fingers. He’s an amazing chap really. Hes just so utterly believable, just like the movies.

Ghost…Spillways

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

I remember that day….my chickens escaped. He was marvellous with them. Such a hero.

Ghost…Spillways

How did you even spot that in the dark? That's cool the owl didn't fly away. I've never seen one in the wild in person. Where do they sleep in the winter because surely you'd see lots of them in the trees?
    It screeched and if you've never heard one, look it up. Very distinctive. She was making a fuss because she had a young one with her. The father showed up before I left with a kill for food. They typically nest and continue to hunt in winter as they don't migrate and stay in the same 5+ mile radius of their nesting area all their lives.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Aha the real actors revealed! Did they where those green body suits to track their movements for the CGI?

I sensed a bit of sarcasm in Darsky's post. I think she might have been suggest the actor being more wooden than Groot's nob

Groot’s nob! Where do you get this stuff fromTerry?

Yes I’m not below a bit of sarcasm. It is apparently the lowest form of wit, which makes me pretty low indeed because I find it hilarious.

Ghost…Spillways

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information