Thread: Racing irregular palos with chest pain-terrified!!

Racing irregular palos with chest pain-terrified!!

hi all desperate for some help here x have suffered from a range of palpitations for 20 years but couple of months ago started getting brief pain with combo of elevated heart rate and ectopics so referred back to cardiology x then this started happening more often then last wed heart started racing then irregular rhythm and banging with chest pains so obvs started panicking x went to A and E-ecg showed ventricular ectopics, chest X-ray normal, blood test all ok except troponin which was on the edge of normal x cardiologist couldnt tell me why but said not a heart attack and he wasnt concerned about the heart so went home x thurs-had a shower, hr increased as often does and had full feeling in chest but eased as hr came down, ok rest of day fri-got up, hr incteased then started beating irregularly and got chest pain/tight feeling from base of throat to stomach, rang hospital who said to come over x ecg normal, bloods normal tho troponin now 7, had to send day there as needed rpt blood test later which came back as 6, felt ok whole time i was there x went home and got some awful hard banging beats but otherwise felt ok just v anxious and upset x got up this morning-anxiety and stress thru the roof feel terrified, hr increases and beats irregukarly every time i move which is fresking me out x been referred for another echo, treadmill test, 2 wk monitor and to chest pain clinic but i feel too scared to move or do anything x need something to calm me down as not helping so was thinking about cbd x sorry for long post, just wondered if snyone can relate or advise re cbd etc thank you x

Re: Racing irregular palos with chest pain-terrified!!

Glad you are staying in touch with the doctors and following the advice etc.

When I was having a hard time with heart symptoms I did actually take time off work in the end, a day or two, I told my doctor I'm not going while it keeps happening. He seemed concerned that I wasn't going to work, but in fact, I went to bed, gave up, didn't know what else to do, and all my symptoms went away. I get them from time to time but that episode went away and I think sometimes you just have to rest if everything else doesn't work. Sometimes we just need rest and there isn't anything else wrong.

Only other thing, are you staying hydrated? Would it be worth trying some magnesium supplements? (often advised by Dr Sanjay Gupta, York Cardiology).

I wish you well :-)

Dr Gupta is fantastic. I agree with hydration, and ensuring you're eating correctly so you get the right vitamins.

Number one source for my problems is diet. When my anxiety is bad I lose my appetite, and don't eat properly. This causes the body to lack vitamins and minerals and my anemia starts becoming a problem. Since I had chemo 9 years ago I developed anaemia. It's not constant but can last months.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Thanks for your reply x after a few days of this heart racing and pvc’s i couldnt function so rang the dr and he put me on low dose of propranolol while waiting for tests x this has calmed everything down tho still get a few thumps now and again x doing as much as i can to help them inc staying hydrated etc thanks again x

Thanks for your reply x they did a full blood test so dont think i’m low on iron x i follow dr gupta on yt, take mag taurate, eat a healthy diet, dont drink, smoke, no caffeine and limit sugar, sleep 7-9 hours, meditate, only stressed about heart palps, have good digestive health, drink coconut water for electrolytes and stay hydrated! not sure what rlse i can do x think there may be a dysautonomia connection as heart races when i stand up which then triggers pvc’s x now taking low dose of betablocker which is helping whike i wait for tests x thanks again x

Did you get your results yet? I am in the same boat as you & scared xx

hi Sunnyhoney86 sorry i only just saw your reply x i had a 2week spider flash moniter and another echocardiogram-both came back fine x saw the cardiologist last week but not sure he had all my background info so i had to fill him in abit 🤷*♀️ he thinks its just some kind of orthostatic intolerance which means my heart races when standing and that triggers pvc’s x i only had some pacs on the 2 week monitor and as echo normal he wasnt concerned x however i had a bowel upset yesterday and had some trigeminy episodes with stomach/gas bloating but trying to tell myself its just my vagus nerve being irritated by the gas as when i release it (!) the ectopics stop x i’m on some fb groups for this and there seem to be alot of people experiencing benign triggers x its hard to cope with though and cardiologists arent interested

Thread Information