Thread: “Fair” colon prep colonoscopy

“Fair” colon prep colonoscopy

Hello Everyone,
    I’m new to this forum so I hope it’s still very active as I am a fellow HA sufferer. I had a routine colonoscopy at 45 due to my dad’s side of the family along with my dad having polyps. No cancer thank god!
    I did the prep and I was pooping yellow clear liquid. The liquid was yellow but you can see through it. When I searched online they said that’s what you are supposed to see when you are ready for the colonoscopy.
    Fast forward, I had the colonoscopy. My GI knows of my family history of polyps. When I came to, he gave me a two thumbs up and said all good and that he found one very tiny polyp which he believes may be a skin tag and has zero concerns. He told me to have a repeat colonoscopy in 5 years. When I went home I read the report which was on my online profile. He wrote in there that I had a fair prep and that the suction mucosa was completed with difficulty. I then started to panic that what if he missed something and why would he tell me to come back in 5 years if he wasn’t able to see clearly? I asked my cousin who is a doctor and she said if he couldn’t see clearly he would have had me come in after a few months and wouldn’t have me wait 5 years.
    I read online that those with fair prep can have small polyps missed. Now My anxiety is high because I honestly don’t want to repeat the test soon. Colonoscopies have their own risks and repeating them like candy isn’t what I want. I emailed my GI to ask about this but he may take a whole to get back to me and I’m very anxious already.
    A general surgeon also confirmed that if he wasn’t able to see clearly then he wouldn’t have recommended to come back in 5 years. I have no issues repeating in 5 years but I’m worrying what if he missed something bc he withdrew the camera with difficulty and what if he missed polyps. I know they clean and suction out so logic tells me that he made it clean enough to make a confident assessment. Why would a GI put his name on the line?

My HA is high so all kinds of things run through my mind. Then I think if he missed small polyps, In 5 years time would they get that big to turn to cancer? Im just want some reassurance so that I can take his 5 year protocol and leave it alone instead of dwelling on it. I don’t want to do another one sooner either. Please help talk me down.

Re: “Fair” colon prep colonoscopy

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: “Fair” colon prep colonoscopy

You are fine. They would have seen what they want to and would not lie to you about it.

I have colonoscopies every 2 years and they tell me if there is a bit they can't get to etc.

Please stop worrying over this.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information